Yee Haw! Got my Utah permit!

This is a discussion on Yee Haw! Got my Utah permit! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cvhoss Arrived in yesterday's mail. 109 days from the date I mailed the check, 79 days from the date they processed the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yee Haw! Got my Utah permit!

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cvhoss View Post
    Arrived in yesterday's mail. 109 days from the date I mailed the check, 79 days from the date they processed the check.
    Hmmm, We had a class here in Maryland early in May, and I decided "what the heck!".

Since the paperwork JUST left it sounds like I'll be seeing something from Utah sometime around September.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

2. Remove Ads

Congrats on the new permit, actually...another one!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congratulations!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Conga Rats!
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Congratulations! I'm taking the Utah CC permit class tomorrow (5/24) in Wichita, and will then start the process. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer than you.

-Seawolf
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IDPA Member & RSO, KSRA Life Member, NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor & RSO, KS CCH Instructor (www.thekasdg.com)

Congrats on getting your Utah permit. The closest certified Utah instructor to where I live suspended giving classes last month until he can get recertified by Utah. I checked a couple of sites, and applied for a PA license on 5/15 and got it in the mail today! Utah only would give me AL, MS, and NV beyond what PA adds to my OH CHL.

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Congrats on getting your Utah permit. The closest certified Utah instructor to where I live suspended giving classes last month until he can get recertified by Utah. I checked a couple of sites, and applied for a PA license on 5/15 and got it in the mail today! Utah only would give me AL, MS, and NV beyond what PA adds to my OH CHL.
    You might want to consider a NH license if you ever plan on traveling south. NH would add NH, AL & MS. $20.00 for 4 years.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Congratulations! I mailed my application in last week. They say they are supposed to have the permits out in 60 days. Sounds like you had about twice as long. I guess they are swamped. Thank for the info on the lead time!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    Congratulations! I mailed my application in last week. They say they are supposed to have the permits out in 60 days. Sounds like you had about twice as long. I guess they are swamped. Thank for the info on the lead time!
    When I called them after about a month, they told me that it should be about sixty days after they begin processing your application which translated to when they charge your CC or process your check so I ended up only about 19 days past their 60 day estimated time. In talking with them, it actually sounded like the 60 days was a minimum time to process much like Kansas has a minimum of 45 days.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I just received an email from Utah BCI yesterday: "It is about 75 days after your payment is receipted. Please be patient we are working hard to get these permits out as quickly as possible. We are receiving over 500 applications every day and we are doing everything we can to get them done."

I get mine roughly July first, it can't come too soon!

CONGRATS!!!

And thank you for money spent in the Great State of Utah! Now come and visit.
    Get the U.N. out of the U.S.
    Get the U.S. out of the U.N.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links