Yee Haw! Got my Utah permit!

This is a discussion on Yee Haw! Got my Utah permit! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Arrived in yesterday's mail. 109 days from the date I mailed the check, 79 days from the date they processed the check. I'm now good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yee Haw! Got my Utah permit!

Talking Yee Haw! Got my Utah permit!

Arrived in yesterday's mail. 109 days from the date I mailed the check, 79 days from the date they processed the check.

I'm now good to go in 12 additional states. Now, if I could only get Nebraska, Iowa and West Virginia to reciprocate my Kansas license, I'd be covered pretty much everywhere I would want to travel.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats on one of the most valuable permits!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Welcome new Sheepdog!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Outstanding!! I am happy for you!!

Congrats on your Utah permit.........

I'm in the process of renewing my Utah non-resident permit....

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Congrats. I want to add that permit as well. Sounds like I better get going.

Congradulations!

Check your reciprocity at Handgunlaw.us

WV & KS appear to have reciprocity. You should be good to go.
    Last edited by JoJoGunn; May 22nd, 2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Congratulations on the ability to protect yourself and family. Please be safe.

Grats! Welcome to the club!
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Congrats!!

I'm going to have to look into Utah. What are their requirements for a non-res?

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Congradulations!

Check your reciprocity at Handgunlaw.us

WV & KS appear to have reciprocity. You should be good to go.
    Nope, that's a small glitch in the way HG Law generates the CCW map. If you read the fine print under the map, it lists the states that only accept a license if you are a resident of the state issuing the license but since the map creator doesn't differentiate between your home state and non-resident licenses, it incorrectly marks West Virginia as legal though it isn't. West Virginia does not accept my Kansas license and since I'm not a resident of Utah or New Hampshire (my two non-resident licenses) they won't accept them. My only hope would be for them and Kansas to work out reciprocity.

To generate a carry map, I like to use USCarry. Their mapping software marks your home state as the first one you select and then marks the correct states based on that.

Hoss

Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Congrats on you Utah permit!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by Skelt View Post
    I'm going to have to look into Utah. What are their requirements for a non-res?
    You can find what you need to know through HandGunLaw's Utah selection. The biggest hitch is you have to take a Utah authorized class from a Utah authorized instructor. A list of out of state instructors from the Utah BCI web site is here.

Hoss

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Good news for you CVHoss, WV just passed some new CC permit measures, one of which eliminates the residency requirement for reciprocal licenses.
    So even though your KS permit isn't accepted in WV(as of yet, the law that passed is supposed to allow WV to sign more reciprocity agreements), your UT permit will be accepted.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Good news for you CVHoss, WV just passed some new CC permit measures, one of which eliminates the residency requirement for reciprocal licenses.
    So even though your KS permit isn't accepted in WV(as of yet, the law that passed is supposed to allow WV to sign more reciprocity agreements), your UT permit will be accepted.
    That's great. I've heard there may be hope on the horizon for Nebraska making changes to allow reciprocity and possibly some changes in Iowa. Don't know what Oregon's hang up is but I hold out no hope for California, Hawaii or New York and their northeastern brethren and then there's the last two total holdouts, Illinois and Wisconsin. If I end up good in Nebraska, Iowa, & West Virginia, that would make me legal in over 75% of the states by number and probably closer to 85%-90% by land mass. Not bad considering 2 1/2 years ago, it wasn't legal in my own home state.

Hoss

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links