PA Non-resident Permit

PA Non-resident Permit

This is a discussion on PA Non-resident Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anybody have experience with obtaining a non-resident PA permit? I heard Centre county is the best one to send your application to, and sent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question PA Non-resident Permit

Does anybody have experience with obtaining a non-resident PA permit? I heard Centre county is the best one to send your application to, and sent mine on the 15th of May. They cashed my check on th 22nd. Does anyone know if (1) that means I'm approved (2) how long has it been taking to receive the permit after approval? I'm in no big rush, just curious.
    I have my Ohio permit, and after checking out Utah (requires class taught by a UT certified instructor), FL (requires another fingerprint card and expensive!), and NH (long wait from what I read here), I decided to apply for a PA permit. Only $26, a photocopy of driver's license and current OH CHL, a short application, and it covers any states I would likely travel to in the forseeable future that my OH CHL does not cover.

VIP Member
    The Centre County Sheriff's Department is an absolute joy to deal with. They issued my permit about a year and a half ago and are courteous and professional.
    Give their office a call and ask for Corinne Peters. Tell her that her favourite Canadian says hello. She'll let you know how your application is proceeding.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Should be in the mail.

bosco

Years ago I got my non resident PA permit through Centre County... It was very straightforward. As I recall the whole process took only a couple of weeks. I've since let my PA permit expire, since my CO and UT permits cover just about every place I want to go.

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    The Centre County Sheriff's Department is an absolute joy to deal with. They issued my permit about a year and a half ago and are courteous and professional.
    Give their office a call and ask for Corinne Peters. Tell her that her favourite Canadian says hello. She'll let you know how your application is proceeding.
    I feel for my Canadian friends who have to live with all the gun restrictions..... Of course we have several states down here which make it very tough on gunnies............

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastDraw View Post
    I feel for my Canadian friends who have to live with all the gun restrictions..... Of course we have several states down here which make it very tough on gunnies............
    I'd trade our laws for California laws any time. What does that tell you?
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Thanks all for the info. And GunnyBunny, I may make that call after the weekend and I'll be sure and tell her hello for you.

I'd trade our laws for California laws any time. What does that tell you?
    It tells me you are in a world of hurt.... gun wise.... In general do people in BC buy in to gun control?

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Sheriff Nau in Centre county issued my first CHL shortly after I turned 21. I'm a Penn State'r, and living in State College, PA put me in his county. I got my non-resident from him when living in VA. I'm back in PA now. Centre county's awesome!
    Still Clingin'

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Does anybody have experience with obtaining a non-resident PA permit? I heard Centre county is the best one to send your application to, and sent mine on the 15th of May. They cashed my check on th 22nd. Does anyone know if (1) that means I'm approved (2) how long has it been taking to receive the permit after approval? I'm in no big rush, just curious.
    I have my Ohio permit, and after checking out Utah (requires class taught by a UT certified instructor), FL (requires another fingerprint card and expensive!), and NH (long wait from what I read here), I decided to apply for a PA permit. Only $26, a photocopy of driver's license and current OH CHL, a short application, and it covers any states I would likely travel to in the forseeable future that my OH CHL does not cover.
    About 3 hours after I posted the above question, the mailman arrived. Guess what he brought!! My PA license IMHO, the Sheriff of Centre county is on the ball. Application mailed 5/15, approved 5/21, license arrived 5/23. A+1 Awesome.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastDraw View Post
    It tells me you are in a world of hurt.... gun wise.... In general do people in BC buy in to gun control?
    Well, the sheeple seem to like the idea. The Government says it makes them safer.

JDE101 congrats on the new permit.

Well, the sheeple seem to like the idea. The Government says it makes them safer.

We have too many sheeple down here too........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Thanks GunnyBunny. Sorry, but I won't be calling Corinne Peters so I can't tell her hello from her favorite Canadian for you.

Told ya so! LOL

bosco

GunnyBunny, can you as a citizen of Victoria, B.C., own a handgun....... and actually use it in your home for self defense?

Hope the answer is yes........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links