Bersa .380 for CC

Bersa .380 for CC

This is a discussion on Bersa .380 for CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who have or have had a Bersa .380, what is your opinion of the pistol in general and for CC in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bersa .380 for CC

For those of you who have or have had a Bersa .380, what is your opinion of the pistol in general and for CC in particular? Discounting the fact that it's not a higher caliber, it does have some appeal to me Whaddaya think?
    Maj. USA (Ret.)

From my experience, the Bersa Thunders are reliable and fairly accurate. My wife and my daughter each have one. Of course, neither carries concealed yet. They are a bit bigger than a Kel-tec or an LCP though. The downside with any .380, right now is that .380 ammo of any kind is nearly impossible to find. Hopefully that will change in the future because both my wife and my daughter have quit practicing in order to hold on to some ammo for defensive use. They do occasionally shoot my Ruger .22 with me, but that is all.

VIP Member
    I have one thast I sometimes use as a BUG and also as my truck gun. Although not in a caliber I would use as my EDC weapon it is reliable. I have no problems with it for a defensive weapon.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I carry a Bersa sometimes, its not a true pocket pistol. Its accurate as my sig, and just as reliable with Hollowpoints. Ive found they do not like FMJs, do to IMO the magazine design. I have carried it in a pocket, but only in deep ones. The biggest thing is the magazine safety, it can be a pain.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

bought one for the wife a couple months ago and she loves it, i carry it from time to time when i dont want to dress for my XD40. All in all, a good, accurate gun. Downsides are that mags are expensive and ammo is scarce. I've been looking for months for ammo around here and have come up empty handed
    XD-40 4"

The road goes nowhere for those who dare not dream.

I had two of them before I switched all my CCWs to 9MM.
    I would look at the Bersa .380CC,it was my favorite.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Why not get the 9mm that is the same basic size but has much more stopping power? I don't have one, but the daughter wants one and I'm trying to talk her into getting more than a .380.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Why not get the 9mm that is the same basic size but has much more stopping power? I don't have one, but the daughter wants one and I'm trying to talk her into getting more than a .380.
    I'll second that ! The felt recoil is almost the same due to the fact that the .380 is a straight blow-back.
    And 9mm ammo is easier to find.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

I have a bersa .380, almost always my EDC. It's not the CC model however (i think the only difference is the mag floorplate anyways). I carry it in a Comp-Tac MTAC holster, and I hardly know it is there during the day. It has been a reliable gun for me, and would recommend this gun to anyone looking for a compact EDC.
    Sig P250c 9mm
    Bersa Thunder .380
    Kershaw Leek

Hopefully soon, RAA Saiga .223 and a Sig 1911 .45

I have one, no issues, good, reliable, and accurate!

R/S Lego

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Good solid inexpensive gun. A breeze to take down and clean too. Mine didn't make it into carry rotation much though, as it's that "in between" size I didn't have much need for. But a nice little gun none the less.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionz View Post
    I have a bersa .380, almost always my EDC. It's not the CC model however (i think the only difference is the mag floorplate anyways).
    The CC model is different
    My CC was shorter ,thinner and the sights were milled down to
    keep them from snagging on anything when drawing .
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Daughter has one, and seems to do well with it. It was one of the few that really fit her hand.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

A very ergonomic and attractive little gun. I had a Thunder Duotone in .380 for several years. I have have found through my experience (4 guns of varying makes, all premium) that the .380 pistols are very ammo finicky. if you are going to carry the BERSA, try different ammos and run it through a 500 round test without a FTFeed with the ammo you decide on before relying on it for EDC. My BERSA (as well as the 3 others) failed this test. You may hit the right combo, If so, the gun itself is sturdy and very accurate, but it most definitely is not a pocket pistol! (CC version might be an option, again only if it passes the 500 round test without FTFeed) Good luck!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I have one also. I read the online reviews and the trigger and reliability was rated higher than the PPK which the Bersa is a copy of.
    Mine is very accurate and functions great!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links