Reciprocity can be a recipe for disaster.

This is a discussion on Reciprocity can be a recipe for disaster. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I do not view reciprocity as a trap at all. But I think it is an issue of individual responsibility. Each of us is responsibly ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reciprocity can be a recipe for disaster.

I do not view reciprocity as a trap at all. But I think it is an issue of individual responsibility. Each of us is responsibly to know the laws that govern carry in the state or location we happen to be in.

Carrying a gun isn't a game and it surely isn't something to be taken lightly. One should treat it seriously, because the law will if you do it in an illegal manner.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

"We need a model code adopted by all states or we need a Federal law that would bring uniformity. "

Keep in mind that the power in Congress lies in the hands of the "old Machine" politicians from NY,MASS and IL. These would be the reps who would be drafting and manipulating any federal carry laws. You know the "carry law" in their home states- NO CARRY! They will argue that it would be much easier if other states would just adopt their laws. This also would give them a foot in the door for later Anti-gun laws. We don't need a federal law, leave that power in the states and take the time to read each state's laws.

The reform of state laws is the responsibility of gun owners in those states. Pressure local reps to make the laws compatible.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I travel all the time, and since I’m armed 24/7 I do not visit states that do not accept my Florida CCL…

As a CCL holder I know not to go to places of nuisance, Government building, and I never go to bars. If I’m not traveling via Motorhome and thus eating out allot, I check that states laws, to see if restaurants who serve adult beverage are allowed, but other than that, most states are similar.

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    I travel all the time, and since Im armed 24/7 I do not visit states that do not accept my Florida CCL

As a CCL holder I know not to go to places of nuisance, Government building, and I never go to bars. If Im not traveling via Motorhome and thus eating out allot, I check that states laws, to see if restaurants who serve adult beverage are allowed, but other than that, most states are similar.
    That's basically my attitude..... On rare occasions while traveling on I70, I have to travel through IL...... so for that stretch of road I'm not "conveniently armed", that is guns and ammo are put away... As soon as I leave this gun hating state my handgun is strapped back on my hip....

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Yeah, we need to be aware of the laws in the state we are visiting.
    Case in point:
    I was invited to a stay in a Kentucky state park a while back. I reasearched KY laws as to where CC with out of state permit was prohibited and found nothing prohibiting carry in KY state parks. I called the head of KY state parks and could get no immediate answer. I emailed KY State Police and received a reply stating that KY had no statues prohibiting carry in State Parks. Next day I got a call from someone in KY state park system telling me that CC was prohibited in KY state parks. So figure that one out. I tried to do my due dilegence and got conflicting answers.
    I did not go.
    It can be a trap.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links