1st time

This is a discussion on 1st time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well i purchased a Glock 19 for CC. I unfortunately have not had time to take it to the range yet....being military working 12-14 hr ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time

1st time

Well i purchased a Glock 19 for CC. I unfortunately have not had time to take it to the range yet....being military working 12-14 hr shifts as of late, three kids under six and a wife that wants to see me on the weekends and needs a break herself. Well we are going camping this weekend now that i have a few days off and i would feel a little more comfortable carrying, especially away from home. We live in military base housing so i feel fairly safe there. I have tried to get to the range it just has not worked out. I totally agree with all the talk of shooting your gun before carrying but it's just not going to work right now. What i am thinking is i would rather bring it with me than leave it at home where it's of no use to me, especially sleeping in a tent with my wife and kids.

22crew

2. Remove Ads

Enjoy your camping trip........ Try a little harder to get to the range..

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Well I wouldn't worry too much being it is a glock Get to the range when you can and stay safe AND armed
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

If you're going to carry an unfired semi-autos...a Glock 19 would be the one that you'd want to carry. :) Enjoy your camping trip.

TMann

VIP Member
    While not the best situation, if the glock is your only weapon go ahead and take it. Hopefully you won't need it. Enjoy your rest.

Glocks are ready to 'rock' right out of the box, but you still need to try and warm her up a little.
    Enjoy the camping and thanks for your service.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I don't see a problem with this. I did same exact thing. Due to time constraints, there was no way, I could get loose to go to the range. I agonized over whether to leave it home, or take it.
    Taking the weapon won out. Of course, nothing happened, but it still was a reassuring feeling, knowing that it was there, and available, should I have a need for it.

MJK
    A new unfired Glock on your hip is better than the one you left at home that has had thousands of rounds without a hiccup.

Have a great trip with your family...and thanks for your service to our country!

I really appreciate all the comments guys. With getting prepped for an upcoming deployment etc etc and dealing with the family there has been little time. Once again thanks.

22crew

Administrator
    "What i am thinking is i would rather bring it with me than leave it at home where it's of no use to me, especially sleeping in a tent with my wife and kids."

Absolutely take it with you camping. You are 100% correct that it will do you no good at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    A new unfired Glock on your hip is better than the one you left at home that has had thousands of rounds without a hiccup.

Have a great trip with your family...and thanks for your service to our country!
    Have to agree with you........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by 22crew View Post
    I really appreciate all the comments guys. With getting prepped for an upcoming deployment etc etc and dealing with the family there has been little time. Once again thanks.

22crew
    I think we may be going on the same deployment with the Raptors. Have fun camping...just took the wife and kid to the beach for a week myself.

The one with you is better than nothing. Practice when you can. Happy Memorial Day and thank you for your service.

I pretty much agree with everyone that you should take it. You're familiar with firearms so your abilities aren't suspect and Glock are awesome. Thanks to you for your service and to your wife and children for allowing you to serve the rest of us and not just them.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Definitely take it with you. No question...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links