Outta Shape Much?

This is a discussion on Outta Shape Much? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Oh and as far as the blog goes, I don't know if it is a joke or not. I think the person seems to have ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outta Shape Much?

Oh and as far as the blog goes, I don't know if it is a joke or not. I think the person seems to have a good grasp of CCW and various methods that go along with it.

2. Remove Ads

And I thought the mall ninja was dead. What a hoot I couldn't stop laughing trying to read that. What a pantload.

I have to say good for the OP. Apparently the undercover LEO was appreciative of his actions as well.

A question I have for folks that are thinking lawsuit. Where is the BG going to get the information to file a lawsuit against him. The OP didn't say anything about giving any information to either the BG or the LEO. I am sure the mall security didn't get any info from him.

Also the comment of this country was founded on vigilantism, I find kind of silly, since the OP didn't do anything but help catch the guy. It isn't like they tried and punished him in the mall parking lot. We used to have principles in this country of doing what is right, but I guess that has gone by the wayside today. The OP did what was right IMO.

Everyone can what if this or any situation to death, but when folks start living their lives in constant fear that doing the right thing is bad because the "what if" will lead to their demise, well you have lost already. To me you have already given in to many of the things that have begun to erode our freedoms.

Anyway, if the OP is a true account, again I say good for him, if it is a troll, well so be it, it is only the internet.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Good job catching the BG. I like the guy Tecumseh's post "I'm not a Navy Seal or a veteran but I train just as hard with my CCW". This guy has some serious Gecko45 fantasyland issues. CCW and a few classes isn't a lot of training in my book.
    Join the NRA and Gun Owners of America.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    America was not founded by vigilantes who attacked others without justification....
    Hmm, I don't think vigilante comes to mind. He observed an alleged perpetrator being chased by two apparent security guards. Concerned citizen comes to mind.

Without justification? Again, he wasn't acting alone, so he felt justified to render aid.

Now I doubt I would do the same as he did, I'm in my upper 50's as others are and my running days are mostly over. Also the legal aspects as others have mentioned would stop most people. Which is another discussion all by itself. It's too bad that you can't render aid these days without thinking about all the legal ramifications of doing so.

I was unarmed. Im not a cop, the name makes people think i am. Not trying to be a wannabe, taking police academy in july and really exited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    I have to ask, were you armed at the time? And if so, would you have stopped him had you been unarmed?

Why do these things always happen to people with a low post count?

Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    Why do these things always happen to people with a low post count?
    Seems like it doesn't it. Newbies in forums seem to be fair game.

I was lucky I guess when I started here.. But then again I don't give out much personal information or share personal experiences, and I mostly stick to researched information that for the most part cannot be refuted. Not much there to counter.

I wouldnt have chased the guy but I certainly see the value of being in shape. I had lost quite a bit until this time last year and I stopped going to the gym every day. I gained back some weight and I am uncomfortable.

So, last week we got a family membership at the Y and Im in there at least 4 days a week if not 6.

Plus it helps when I jumping around on stage...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    ....Plus it helps when I jumping around on stage...
    Okay, I have to ask. Why are you jumping around on stage?

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Okay, I have to ask. Why are you jumping around on stage?
    He is an acrobat with Ringiling Bros... ;)

I am going to guess he is a musician.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Also the comment of this country was founded on vigilantism, I find kind of silly, since the OP didn't do anything but help catch the guy. It isn't like they tried and punished him in the mall parking lot. We used to have principles in this country of doing what is right, but I guess that has gone by the wayside today. The OP did what was right IMO.
    A vigilante, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, is a volunteer citizen, who, without authority, takes on himself powers such as pursuing and punishing those suspected of being criminals or offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    Hmm, I don't think vigilante comes to mind. He observed an alleged perpetrator being chased by two apparent security guards (and he proceeded to attack said individual). Concerned citizen comes to mind.

Without justification? Again, he wasn't acting alone, so he felt justified to render aid. (Simply because others are with you does not mean you are justified in taking any action. )
    Complete fool comes to mind...

Hmm, I don't think vigilante comes to mind. He observed an alleged perpetrator being chased by two apparent security guards.
    (and he proceeded to attack said individual based solely on these observations)...
    Actually he was asked by the guards to help them...."as i passed them they shouted " Stop that guy" Hence my comment about rendering aid.

Now as far as attacking, I'm not a legal scholar so I'm not in a position to offer any advice on that point.

A vigilante, according to the American Heritage Dictionary, is a volunteer citizen, who, without authority, takes on himself powers such as pursuing and punishing those suspected of being criminals or offenders.
    Yea, well where did he say anything about punishing the guy. But I guess if you want to take part of a definition and use that to imply his intentions, hey I guess your entitled to that.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links