My KY ccw in FL

This is a discussion on My KY ccw in FL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We live in KY and will be traveling through TN,AL GA and FL. I know that I can carry in each of these states, but ...

Thread: My KY ccw in FL

My KY ccw in FL

We live in KY and will be traveling through TN,AL GA and FL. I know that I can carry in each of these states, but what about restaurants that serve liquor? In KY I can carry, we will be spending 2 weeks in FL and going out to dinner quite a few times...can I carry in restaurants there?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include thier own government --George Washington

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benbovac View Post
    We live in KY and will be traveling through TN,AL GA and FL. I know that I can carry in each of these states, but what about restaurants that serve liquor? In KY I can carry, we will be spending 2 weeks in FL and going out to dinner quite a few times...can I carry in restaurants there?
    Resturant carry

Hope this helps. Also note I believe TN just passed a law lifting the ban on carry in restaurants. Not sure when it takes effect tho.

Also I believe in FL you can't carry int he part of the restaurant that serves the alcohol.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Florida, you can carry in a place that serves food so long as you do not enter the part that servers alcohol. No bar carry at all.Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2007->Chapter 790 : flsenate.gov
    Florida statues on weapons.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

You can carry in resturants, it's full blown bars that you can't carry in. I'd listen to the one with the map up for sure though.

I make the KY to FL trip several times a year. All good. Where in KY? Where in FL? (My favorite 2 states)

Whenever you travel outside of Kentucky, be sure to check the laws of the state you are traveling to. It's so quick and easy to do. You can even print out the relevant pages for TN, AL, GA, and FL and take them along with you! Check out handgunlaw.us

Let me google that for you

handgunlaw.us

Tennessee goes green on June 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddyoh View Post
    I make the KY to FL trip several times a year. All good. Where in KY? Where in FL? (My favorite 2 states)
    Thanks everyone for the great info, I really appreciate it!! I live in Hebron KY, and will be in Destin FL. We will be towing our camper to the area and staying for a few weeks.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include thier own government --George Washington

Have a good time. We're in Western Ky and Destin is our favorite spot. Holiday Surf and Raq club. Be sure to eat at Callahan's (kinda behind Krispy Kreme).

Links