Disarm at the hospital

Disarm at the hospital

This is a discussion on Disarm at the hospital within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a grandson!!! He is in the ICU for a few days as a percaution because of an infection so I did not get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disarm at the hospital

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar

Disarm at the hospital

I have a grandson!!!

He is in the ICU for a few days as a percaution because of an infection so I did not get to see him, they are only letting in mom and dad, should be released in the next few days.

My wife, mother in-law and I went to the hospital, as we approached the door I see the no weapons sign so I say I need to go back to the truck. Mom does not know I carry.

I went back and disarmed, locked in a Center of Mass car safe, and head back in. When I get closer to the door I get a better look at the sign and see they do not allow open carry.

I was carrying a Kimber 1911 in a "Super Tuck" so I was completly concealed. Great I disarned and did not need to. We went on up to the room talked to the kids for a few minutes and they needed to go check on the baby. About that time my wife asked if I would go get her water out of the truck. Yea baby gave me a chance to put "Kim" back where she belongs. Rearmed and went back in.

Had a nice visit with the kids gave them a few presents and hope to see the grandson soon.

I have another family member to protect. Stay safe.

Carry anywhere the law allows.

Semper Fi

Hope your Grandson is ok Elk Hunter.........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Hope the grandson is o.k. There are a few places that are forbidden by law here and hospitals are one of them. I wish we could get our law revised to allow there and while they are at it, they could allow in public parks as well. I hate having to disarm when I go to my kids games.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

VIP Member
    Hope the boy is fine!
    Semper Fi

I hope your grandson is okay. I totally understand because my son was in the ICU for 5 days because of an infection. You wouldn't know that now 9 years later. Congratulations on the grandson.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

I just had twins a little over a month ago. The hospital clearly knew the law because it properly posted a gun buster at absolutely every entrance, even the loading dock. I will give them a little bit of credit though. They had armed security throughout the hospital. Of course it begged the question, why ever would they need armed security since those signs will stop anyone from carrying a gun into the hospital.

I had to go to the ER late last year and had my LCP in a pocket holster. The hospital is posted but all they can do is ask you to leave. No big deal until I had to change into the gowns- but I had privacy so I just packed my stuff in a bag and hid it in the middle.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

VIP Member
    I hope the best for your grandson.

Thankfully those kind of signs have no legal weight here.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Congratulations on your grandson. God Bless him and your family. Nothing in the world is as sweet to the ears as grandpa or grandma. AAAHHHH and just why couldn't we have had them first hehehehe
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Congrats and hope all goes well.

MI is silly about hospitals and carry. No concealed carry but -get this- you can open carry IF you have a CPL.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Congrats on the Grandson, and hope he makes a speedy recovery from his infection.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Hope all goes well with your Grandson. Glad you can carry in the hospital. I wish we could here in Missouri.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Congrats on the grandson.

Have you decided what his first gun is going to be yet?

Congrats on the grandson.

Being a grandpa is awesome!

IMO, Grandkids are God's reward for not eating our kids when they were young!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

In working patrol (armed G lic; Security) had a call, one of our Gated Community Gate House staff had been rushed to Hospital.

The Hospital had a local Police Sgt. on security watch, I walked in, asked the input staff were our Lady was, a Dr. used his door pass card to take me right to her.

Found out later they frown on us doing that.

Glad your Grand Child is fine, my Wife and I have walked 4 of them from baby's to teens, and on. The twenty year old is setting out on his own in Edmonton. Remember changing his diaper!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links