Concerned about my atire.

This is a discussion on Concerned about my atire. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a new leather hip holster and have only worn it out a couple of times so far. My shirts don't show much ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerned about my atire.

I just bought a new leather hip holster and have only worn it out a couple of times so far. My shirts don't show much buldge and hang past the muzzle about 2 inches, is this not enough room? You can't see the gun unless i put my arms well up over my head and i'm very concious about getting things from the top shelf or exposing my weapon. Should i worry to much about this situation?

jfl
    In Florida, don't worry; even if you expose the whole gun, as long as it is accidental and not intentional, you are just fine.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

You may want to try the DeSantis bellyband holster DeSantis Elastic Belly Band Holster
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

I think you'll be fine. If you're ever heading towards a situation where you will need to put both of your arms above your head ...you weren't alert enough.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I think you'll be fine. If you're ever heading towards a situation where you will need to put both of your arms above your head ...you weren't alert enough.
    Great line!

Ditto on 'you'll be OK' - I would use the off-hand to reach for things, though.

My wife maintains that true manners means making other folks comfortable; as such, it would be poor manners for you to expose your weapon in front of some of our more sensitive sheep friends, so it is good to consider this.

I like a bit more cover, personally, as I don't want the shirt to ride up when I sit, for instance. That's why I use a tuckable holster.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I believe that as concealed carry individuals, we ought to do our best to truly conceal to the best of our ability.

I would be concerned if this was your main mode of carry. This offers very little protection against wind kickup, reaching...

I carry inside waist band which has the same draw height yet gives me an extra 3-4" of cover. It also tucks the weapon closer to my body for less "bulge".

I really only carry outside waist band around the house.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

VIP Member
    You should be good to go. Just remember to keep your arms down when sheeple are present ( 99% wouldn't notice any way).

Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    I believe that as concealed carry individuals, we ought to do our best to truly conceal to the best of our ability.

I would be concerned if this was your main mode of carry. This offers very little protection against wind kickup, reaching...

I carry inside waist band which has the same draw height yet gives me an extra 3-4" of cover. It also tucks the weapon closer to my body for less "bulge".

I really only carry outside waist band around the house.
    I agree, and I've been carrying IWB for over twenty years.

Try showing a "bulge" where the handgun is in NYC. Then lets hear your excuses to the NYC Police as they pin you to the wall and 'cuff you.

Learn to reach for things with the opposite hand so you don't "print". If you are showing a "bulge" you are "printing". Printing is bad in my book, as I try to not let anyone know I'm carrying a gun.

The mark of a true "pro" is to carry a gun and have nobody notice it, and to appear natural in all his or her movements.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by Adamcop84 View Post
    I just bought a new leather hip holster and have only worn it out a couple of times so far. My shirts don't show much buldge and hang past the muzzle about 2 inches, is this not enough room? You can't see the gun unless i put my arms well up over my head and i'm very concious about getting things from the top shelf or exposing my weapon. Should i worry to much about this situation?
    Thats how it works for me too. Im not worried you shouldnt as well.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

While you are probably ok 99% of the time, that 1% always happens at the most inconvenient of moments. I would suggest IWB. You'll feel more comfortable knowing you have the additional cover.

As others stated above, add a good IWB holster to your carry gear, having options is good. I only carry OWB when I have on a coat, and that's even rare.

You should be OK with your current attire. You may want to try wearing a colored (black or blue is very good) Tshirt under an unbuttoned sport shirt. Just be low key - no "Infidel", "Insured by Glock" or other such printed Tshirts. There won't be any bulge and if you follow the above suggestions on reaching, no one will ever know.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post

The mark of a true "pro" is to carry a gun and have nobody notice it, and to appear natural in all his or her movements.
    Yup!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Dont chance some fool screaming HES GOTTA GUN!!!!! I bend, stretch , twist and even do a few jumping jacks before I go out just to make sure...its not worth the hassle!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I haven't been carrying that long, 5 months at home and two months since I got my MI CPL.
    I didn't have to make any major changes to my "normal" wardrobe for colder weather. For warmer weather I haven't changed much, other than clingy knits don't work well for concealing either a firearm or some flab I'd just as soon not show either. I've found a grand total of two tops that are definately too short to cover, what I prefer to keep covered.
    I've learned to adjust my movements, when I need to reach some low, I bend my knees, not at the waist. When I need to reach something high I keep my right arm at my side and reach with the left hand. Doing these things casually looks perfectly normal to the sheep, they think nothing of it. My three month of practicing at home gave me enough time to adjust my clothing and habits, now they are second nature, and even my own family can't tell when I'm carry or not.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links