Carry at a theme park?

This is a discussion on Carry at a theme park? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can't get excited about theme parks........ but I may have to go to Disney World (or is it Disney Land) in Orlando later this ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carry at a theme park?

I can't get excited about theme parks........ but I may have to go to Disney World (or is it Disney Land) in Orlando later this year. What are the rules for carrying in a theme park in Florida anyway.....

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gumaro View Post
    If you can legally carry, you should consider a holster with some form of retention, there are holsters with straps or some of the kydex type holsters that use a button to release the firearm or how about a fanny pack or Smartcarry. As far as the pistol getting wet , just clean and lubricate it when you get home. Another thing to consider is concealing your holster setup, after a wild ride you might end up with your shirt moved or wet and revealing your pistol.
    I have a Serpa holster that physically locks the gun in place. It straps thru my belt and you could hang me upside down from the gun and it won't budge. Just throw a button up shirt over it and you are good to go.

PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FastDraw View Post
    I can't get excited about theme parks........ but I may have to go to Disney World (or is it Disney Land) in Orlando later this year. What are the rules for carrying in a theme park in Florida anyway.....
    FastDraw

Disney World/Land is a NO CARRY ZONE!! Old lady got busted for purse carry there a year or two ago.

Well, I have checked my state laws and there is nothing saying that I cant, so I wrote a letter to the powers that be and asked just for good measure. Then, I jumped on to the theme parks website and found nothing there either. So, I wrote to them and asked them about it. Waiting on a response.

As for the holster thing, a retention strap maybe the best method. I carry a full size pistol (XDm) and a fanny pack probably wont work out so well. Not to mention that my wife would make fun of me!

Theme parks

My family went to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio a couple of weeks ago, I left my pistol in my vehicle. Good thing, you had to go through a metal detector. I had a pocket knife and they even took that at the gate, they have a no knife policy. I got it back when we left at a pick up station outside the gate. Fiesta Texas is owned by Six Flags, so I would imagine all there parks are that way.

down here in the great state of ga. you can carry to six flags but, you must inform them so they can lock your baby up until you get out of the park. that's a catch 22 in my opinion. but we do follow the rules as responsible citizens, right?
    Luke 22:36 says, Then He [Jesus] said to them ...and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.(NKJV)

Pretty sure this is a non-issue. I'd be surprised to find a theme park that allows you to carry.

"Theme" parks. So many reasons not to go. Barring the unnatural elements (ie, roller coaster rides), there are plenty of other places that hold greater interest for me. I'm more of a roll-your-own-fun type, preferring that over paying to be entertained. For me, it's not worth the hassle, the crowds, the obscene pricing, the disarmament or ejection if found out.

No particular illegality about entering a park, in Oregon.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well here in WA, I just found out that its not illegal to carry in a theme park. However, the general manager of Silver Wood (the theme park) has sent me back an email TODAY telling me that its against park rules. Oh well, looks like they wont be getting my bussiness!!

Any place that charges admission to enter is usually restricted, but check your local laws as the tend to vary!!!!

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I am sure many here will disagree with me on this but a Theme Park is not the place to go armed. If God forbid you should need to use your pistol, the risk to others is just too great. With the huge number of people ever were you go there is no way to safely discharge your weapon and not put others at risk. At the sound of the first shot people will be scrambling for cover and running into your line of fire. The danger of a pass through is just to scary to think about in such large crowds. If you feel you need to be armed carry some OC spray or a knife. I know we all have to make our own decisions on this but please think long and hard before you do.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Nicely put foto, I believe even a small tazer might be legal?????

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Just finished a day at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. They definitely have a no weapons policy and enforce it with metal detectors. (Last time I was there they even said no to my itty-bitty swiss army keychain knife--1.25" blade.) Since I knew that to be the case, both the itty-bitty knife and the XD stayed home today. Great thoughts, fotomaker57, on the issue with large crowds.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Well here in WA, I just found out that its not illegal to carry in a theme park. However, the general manager of Silver Wood (the theme park) has sent me back an email TODAY telling me that its against park rules. Oh well, looks like they wont be getting my bussiness!!
    I too live in Washington and understand your concern. One point not mentioned yet so far as I can tell is that we're talking about private property here. Owners of the property may present restrictions on such items as weapons, codes of conduct, alcohol, etc as long as it is not a discrimination against your civil rights. You can always vote with your wallet.

You may be a stable and reliable human being but just think of the mess if two Bangers or Outlaw Bikers got into it over colors in a high density environment. If you have the right to carry, so do they. Those of us who carry all the time have to make decisions. It's just the same as flying on an airplane.
    For the stength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack. - R. Kipling

Romans 1:22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    My family went to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio a couple of weeks ago, I left my pistol in my vehicle. Good thing, you had to go through a metal detector. I had a pocket knife and they even took that at the gate, they have a no knife policy. I got it back when we left at a pick up station outside the gate. Fiesta Texas is owned by Six Flags, so I would imagine all there parks are that way.
    Sec 46.035 of the Texas penal code. It's in the CHL manual.

NO AMUSEMENT PARKS

It goes on to define them as permanent and size limitations

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links