Carry at a theme park? - Page 4

Carry at a theme park?

This is a discussion on Carry at a theme park? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed Carry at the Happiest Place on Earth - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com Armed in Disney World - Police Forums & ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Carry at a theme park?

MY Brother carries anywere ankle & right through WALT'S gate past security & on & on It's his agencies policy period He's A LE 24/7 no problem jusy my 2cts H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Most of the theme parks i've ever been in has metal detectors you have to walk through first. I personally either wouldn't go or wouldn't carry. Best of luck to you though if you can. Kinda sketchy though.

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar

Lightbulb

P3AT or Ruger LCP in pocket holster; unobtrusive, secure, won't wear you down walking with it all day and you have a minimum level of protection if needed. Security may (not will) prevent bodily harm while in the park, but what about walking to and from the vehicle, as previously noted.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrocket22 View Post
    Nicely put foto, I believe even a small tazer might be legal?????
    No,

A Taser is considered a lethal weapon in most states that issue concealed carry endorsements or permits. Only FFL's can sell Teasers and they are regulated and registered the same as most firearms.

Many LEO's can tell a story about Tasers. Many feel that since they can be lethal, it is not worth the risk of using one.

If you are put a a position where you must shoot, shoot to kill, and do. This way in a court where you will need to defend your action as either a citizen or LEO, there is only one story to tell to a jury, not yours and the BG you were forced to defend yourself against.

Pepper spray is usually a preferred option for less lethal self defense.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by gumaro View Post
    If you can legally carry, you should consider a holster with some form of retention, there are holsters with straps or some of the kydex type holsters that use a button to release the firearm or how about a fanny pack or Smartcarry. As far as the pistol getting wet , just clean and lubricate it when you get home. Another thing to consider is concealing your holster setup, after a wild ride you might end up with your shirt moved or wet and revealing your pistol.
    Fanny Pack is the one we use in our fannypack survival kit and our Economy Survival Kit. We offer it separately in case you want a quality fanypack to build your own survival kit.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trixie05 View Post
    Fanny Pack is the one we use in our fannypack survival kit and our Economy Survival Kit. We offer it separately in case you want a quality fanypack to build your own survival kit.
    Amazingly, If you are a biker by any chance with a fanny pack most Leo's will assume that you are carrying. There are some models with quick release sides. Personally, I would never carry a fanny pack.

There is much talk about guns that print when you a wearing certain clothing. If you read the law that I have studied in the 35 states I am endorsed to carry in, there is no mention of complete concealment. A cell phone bulges from my pocket and "prints" too.

I walked around Wally World for about 2 1/2 hours on Sunday waiting to buy a case of .45 ACP while the truck was unloading. I was carrying a 9mm subcompact Walther PPS. It is very concealable but in a white tee-shirt it still bulges some. No one said anything and probably never would. Most don't know your business. Even if they see a weapon bulge, most including guards will not confront you.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Maxpedition or a good retention holster.

I've been to Disneyland and Legoland, in CA, with both.

(Don't ask. I don't have a CCW. I get to carry for other reasons.)

Comedown to Florida and enjoy the Disney parks. They "search", poorly, all bags, but not your person. There is nothing ilegal about carrying here. Bring a good Silicone rag or wipe, your gun will get sweaty in the heat.

Just got back from a couple days at Disney visiting with an old college buddy known here as Musketeer. HK P7 IWB the whole time in a pair of 5-11 shorts. Rides, kids, heat, the whole 9 yards with no concerns.

I have no doubt there is plenty of security around but I do not typically rely on others for the primary security of my family. Your choice, but there are also lots of other places off of the theme park grounds to do stuff, including eating and shopping, that are not controlled access and you are well advised to carry there.

Secure as the White House? No. No metal detectors, no bomb dogs, no xrays, and an extremely poor hand search of some bags. They looed in my wife's diaper bag, but ignored all the bags, snacks, bottles, souveniers, and assorted crap in the stroler. They have a few MSA Safesite detectors for Hazmat / WMD / radiation I've been told. Big deal. I carry anyway, just like I do everywhere it's not illegal

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links