Bolivian Gun Laws - Page 2

Bolivian Gun Laws

This is a discussion on Bolivian Gun Laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wolfshead I was going to go to Singapore on assignment and asked them about ccw laws...they said I can only have my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolivian Gun Laws

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I was going to go to Singapore on assignment and asked them about ccw laws...they said I can only have my pistol locked up at a gun range and use it there. I can't even keep it at home. I had to request special permission from their government to keep a pistol on my person.
    When my dad was in the USAF we lived in Singapore for 4 years. I remember them having very strict gun laws. You need to be a member of a gun club (which there is only one for the wealthy), you need a permit to own it, and once you buy it it has to be locked up at the club.

The United States of America has the freest gun laws in the world, and in recorded history; do not believe what people tell you, unless you research it yourself.

And listening to a Bolivian official tell you about their laws is shaky as well. They are just a couple of clicks above a banana republic....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

When in doubt, watch LOCKED UP ABROAD!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    The United States of America has the freest gun laws in the world, and in recorded history; do not believe what people tell you, unless you research it yourself.

And listening to a Bolivian official tell you about their laws is shaky as well. They are just a couple of clicks above a banana republic....
    Everyone in Afghanistan has guns. I do believe they have them in open air markets and bazzars. They also have RPGs and other things in their market which you cannot buy easily.

This raises a question for me: What countries DO allow concealed carry to foreigners? Or how about other countries that even let THEIR citizens carry?

Quote Originally Posted by titleist View Post
    ... all it takes is about 100 bucks for a "gun permit" once you go into the country.
    All it takes is for one official to ignore that pretty little piece of paper, and that might well cost, quite literally, everything you've got, possibly including your life. Prepared for that? No? Then, I wouldn't recommend doing it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    This raises a question for me: What countries DO allow concealed carry to foreigners? Or how about other countries that even let THEIR citizens carry?
    Czech Republic allows citizens. Not sure how it works with foreigners.

Hey, Senor, you give me 100 of your American dollars, and I give you my official permission to carry your pistola in my country. In fact, I will write my brother Jose's number right here on your permission form. If anyone gives you trouble, you just call Jose, see, and tell him you gave me the money.... Do not worry, compadre, we just love you cowboy gringoes like the George Booooosch.

Being of light skin & hair, I have no desire to go to Bolivia. Their government has gone far left and they really do not like yanquis. Also see Venezuela. U R Nutz.

Dibs on your guns!
    NRA Life Member

I have worked several times in Bolivia and have spent a total of six or seven months there. It is one of the safest countries you will ever visit. Petty crime is a problem in places like theft from motel rooms or pickpockets but its no worse than Denver.

I agree with those that say you are better off unarmed. Any encounter involving a gun is likely to draw a lot of attention, and not everyone will necessarily know the law.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

I wouldn't do it...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    I would not carry in a foreign country. It would be impossible to be familiar with any and all local ordinances that might be in effect and God help us if we used the weapon. I doubt that a foreign government would rule it a justifiable shooting shooting should an American shoot one of the locals. Just think of the outrage we feel when an illegal kills an American and then imagine what it would be like with no US Constitution to protect one's rights. Of course carrying in a foreign country might be a way to obtain free food and lodging while one visits.
    I see you've been to NY.....
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    I hear the Czech Republic is pretty relaxed on its gun laws and even allows CC on an almost "shall issues" basis. Israel I believe is the same way. Brazil used to, I don't know why they stopped?

I'm not sure what other nations are shall issue for carry tho.

Israel is not the same way at all. Israel is very restrictive and pretty much only allows settlers to carry. They do have a very highly trained populace but they are not very forgiving with concealed carry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links