Email to Congressman Brady

This is a discussion on Email to Congressman Brady within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Congressman Brady, First I would like to thank you for taking time to read my email. I have participated in a few of your telephone ...

Thread: Email to Congressman Brady

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

Email to Congressman Brady

Congressman Brady,

First I would like to thank you for taking time to read my email. I have participated in a few of your telephone conference Town Hall meetings, but have never been able to personally ask questions. My family and myself are also supporters of your office. My reason for contacting you is the wait time I am experiencing for my Texas CHL . I am currently on day 80 of what was supposed to be a 60 day wait. I understand that there is a long backlog at the DPS due to new applicants, but I feel the wait times are excessive. By the same token I am happy that fellow Texans are now choosing to exercise their 2A right (not privilege). What recourse do I have to expedite the licensing of my CHL?

Yours Truly,
    XXXXXXXXXX

What do you guys think? To soon to contact my congressman? Opinions please. Thanks....................

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I think with the current back log this will hit file 13. But if it makes you feel better...........go for it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Cool

If Brady is a US congressman, not sure what you expect. His staff will probably give brief notice of your email and send a brief acknowlegement and put you on the campaign solicitation list.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I think with the current back log this will hit file 13. But if it makes you feel better...........go for it.
    I have read from several members that they contacted their reps after waiting too long for the DPS to issue their permits. According to them, they received quick responses after that.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I am personal friends my state rep and my wife works for him. They get so much mail and email........they have a large file 13. Hey it can't hurt........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Ernie,

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Congressman Brady,

First I would like to thank you for taking time to read my email. I have participated in a few of your telephone conference Town Hall meetings, but have never been able to personally ask questions. My family and myself are also supporters of your office. My reason for contacting you is the wait time I am experiencing for my Texas CHL . I am currently on day 80 of what was supposed to be a 60 day wait. I understand that there is a long backlog at the DPS due to new applicants, but I feel the wait times are excessive. By the same token I am happy that fellow Texans are now choosing to exercise their 2A right (not privilege). What recourse do I have to expedite the licensing of my CHL?

Yours Truly,
    XXXXXXXXXX

What do you guys think? To soon to contact my congressman? Opinions please. Thanks....................
    Just a suggestion,but you should write/call your State Congressman/Senator. This is a Texas State matter,and you would more likely get a better response from a state rep. My wife's business,a state governed endeavor needs the attention and assistance from state senator/congressman periodically.The reps have generally helpful,and competent staff to handle constituent inquiries. Best of luck,......Carry ok.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

I would write it as a letter, and invest the 44. It's more likely to be read than an email, which is easily dealt with by pressing the "delete" key.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

It took me almost 7 months to get my license, after 80 days I e-mailed the Governors office, DPS then contacted me and said there was a backlog because of hurricane "Ike" (I live in Alvin, Brazoria county) and a lot of applications. Well after 6 months I e-mailed my State Rep. they contacted me, and said they would have DPS expedite my application. DPS then contacted me and said they were waiting on a background check. I finally got my license the next month, about 3 days short of 7 months.

Ernie,
    I'm still waiting on my CHL - still "processing application" 91 days. If you go to Who Represents Me--Home and find out who your senate and you can call or email. I dont know about congressman. But I emailed to my senate and they did reply me back and was very nice. They are going to talk with DPS and will let me know shortly. Hope that will help for u. Let me know how things going. if you ever got CHL permit let me know!

That wait time is obscene. If they have so many applications then they are making that much more in fees, therefore, they can ,and should ,hire people in order to properly service their customers. Too bad that it's Government and there is no competition for your licensing fees...

Contacting a United States congressman about a state-isssued license is wasting your time and his. And more importantly, contacting your local state representative won't speed up the permiting process for you.

Even if you did speak to a state rep, it won't speed up the process.

Quote Originally Posted by FireAir7215 View Post
    Ernie,
    I'm still waiting on my CHL - still "processing application" 91 days. If you go to Who Represents Me--Home and find out who your senate and you can call or email. I dont know about congressman. But I emailed to my senate and they did reply me back and was very nice. They are going to talk with DPS and will let me know shortly. Hope that will help for u. Let me know how things going. if you ever got CHL permit let me know!
    I appreciate it. I think I will hold off contacting my state rep until I cross the 90 day mark. I hope you get your soon!

Links