Is there ANY gun I can take to NY???

This is a discussion on Is there ANY gun I can take to NY??? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MP45Man I've got to go to Bronx, NY tomorrow and spend Thursday in Queens on business. Don't think I won't be bummed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there ANY gun I can take to NY???

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    I've got to go to Bronx, NY tomorrow and spend Thursday in Queens on business. Don't think I won't be bummed because I can't carry.
    Well, I got back in one piece. I hated not being able to carry. One thing I did notice was that the toll taker at one of the bridges I was going over had what looked like a Glock hanging on his side. Why does a toll taker in NY need a pistol?

2. Remove Ads

Even in NYC isn't a black powder revolver not regulated unless the chambers are capped?

According to the NY State Police website:
    "If they are possessed in a loaded condition or are simply possessed simultaneously with the components necessary to make them fire, they must first be registered on a valid pistol permit."

bosco

I talked to a couple of former LEO, they both claim that they have a Federal Firearms License, there is some "new law" that allows them to carry IN NYC, regardless what NYS law says or claims.

Is there any truth to this "law" as far as I know, NO ONE is allowed to carry in NYC without a city permit

I believe they mentioned Federal Law 218, or something like that???
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

The guy is referring to the LEOSHA Federal law HR-218. It allows all active and retired LEO that is in good standing and that are adhering to all state laws to be able to CCW in ANY state without a permit. Civilians can possess firearms in NYC. Any law abiding civilian can apply for a pistol permit(premise,business,security,full carry), but full carry is very,very rare. Less then 2% of civilians have full carry permits. All active NY State or local LEO or Federal LEO can carry anywhere in NYS including NYC without a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by OffDutyCCWNY View Post
    The guy is referring to the LEOSHA Federal law HR-218. It allows all active and retired LEO that is in good standing and that are adhering to all state laws to be able to CCW in ANY state without a permit. Civilians can possess firearms in NYC. Any law abiding civilian can apply for a pistol permit(premise,business,security,full carry), but full carry is very,very rare. Less then 2% of civilians have full carry permits. All active NY State or local LEO or Federal LEO can carry anywhere in NYS including NYC without a permit.
    uuum, Thats very cool. Thanx for the 411
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    uuum, Thats very cool. Thanx for the 411

You got it fella

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    I had to spend almost 3 months in that cesspool several years back on business. The best part of NYC was seeing it in the rear view mirror. It is no place for the sane.
    That's a little much. Most of New York is beautiful! And even NYC (although I can't carry there), is still a great city!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    That's a little much. Most of New York is beautiful! And even NYC (although I can't carry there), is still a great city!
    I LOVE NY

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post

Both the Catskill and Adirondack mountains have some great motorcycle roads, with lots of scenery and twisty roads.

Just don't be headed up Rt-87 north of Albany this week, There are reports the state Troopers have "Motorcycle only" check points and they are inspecting ALL motorcycles going to Americade. they are issuing tickets to any motorcycle with "equipment violations" ie: loud exhaust ?

I'm surprised the troopers are not asking for Travel Papers
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I'm finally on my last week of a 3 month business trip in Northern NJ... come Friday I'll look in the rear view mirror, see NJ in the dust and never look back.
    While your on your way out make sure your going way to slow in the left lane.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links