Airport Carry!!!

This is a discussion on Airport Carry!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by colddedhands Where are seeing those signs at RDU? I've missed them. Look to the right just after the big Welcome to RDU ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Airport Carry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by colddedhands View Post
    Where are seeing those signs at RDU? I've missed them.
    Look to the right just after the big Welcome to RDU sign. They are pretty hard to miss. The have a picture of my P226 with a big red line through it and a No Guns Allowed on Airport Property, if I recall the wording correctly. Am flying out this a.m. and will look again.

2. Remove Ads

wj
    Florida has no CCW allowed posted on entrance doors to the terminal. If you are caught, you will win a trip to the PD. No metal detectors in Fl. (except in the sterile area) I missed the signs and carried only to find out it was not legal.

Indiana, posted at the doors yet no one seems to know if that carries the force of law. Still trying to find out about that.

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    You can carry in the Airport, just cannot go past security,.
    Unless Posted.

The Wichita Airport is city owned and the Terminal building is posted. Parking lot and driving = stay in car is OK. Arrival/Departure pull up parking is heavily patroled on foot so no OC.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Look to the right just after the big Welcome to RDU sign. They are pretty hard to miss. The have a picture of my P226 with a big red line through it and a No Guns Allowed on Airport Property, if I recall the wording correctly. Am flying out this a.m. and will look again.
    Checked this morning - it is on a large sign off the ramp from Aviation Boulevard BEFORE you get to the big Welcome to RDU sign. It has a speed limit, another warning, and the No Guns sign combined. Take it look - it's not easy to miss. I believe it applies to the entire airport property.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    Checked this morning - it is on a large sign off the ramp from Aviation Boulevard BEFORE you get to the big Welcome to RDU sign. It has a speed limit, another warning, and the No Guns sign combined. Take it look - it's not easy to miss. I believe it applies to the entire airport property.
    It would be interesting to see what statute or ordinance that prohibition is based on. NC law allows cities and county to ban weapons (open or concealed) from county/city property and buildings by ordinance, (and are requried to post notice of such ban) BUT, they cannot ban a person from carrying in their car on said property, or leaving said weapon in the vehicle upon parking the car.

Given that, it would seem that one cannot walk around the airport parking lots or outside the terminal carrying, but could have it on your person if you stay in the vehicle while picking someone up. You could also disarm before getting out of the car and lock the weapon in the glove box or console.

Thanks for the replies...........

I've never felt it a problem to drop off or pick up with my gun concealed while I'm still in my car...speaking of FL, of course.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links