Boat Owners.... - Page 2

Boat Owners....

This is a discussion on Boat Owners.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bring it on pirates!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat Owners....

only off coast of africa

Bring it on pirates!

This might be for an other thread, if so please forgive a new... well you know. I'm wondering if a shot gun might be of best use, stainless I'm sure. What do you guys think? Do any of you live aboard full time? If so what type body of water? River, intercoastal etc.. Thanks Lee

VIP Member
    Yes always.

Whenever I go out fishing I always have 3 glocks on board. One in the cockpit and one in the salon. I bring glocks because if for some reason I must enter the water I know that with the combination of a glock and sealed rounds I am good to go. I also have a remington 870 onboard loaded with 00 buck with a slug every other round. There is also an AR15 with 5 30 round clips in a closet. I also keep another glock up on the flybridge.

You may ask why so many. Well I travel to the far southern Bahamas to pleasure fish and tournement fish. People may think I'm nuts but there are pirates out there. No not the ones with peg legs or eye patches, but ones with go fast boats that would like your boat to run drugs then sink it after one trip. They wouldn't think twice about killing you and throwing your body over.

This blue water fisherman will not be a victim to these cowards.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

It depends on the area that the lake is located in. I've already been jumped by a group of thugs trying to rob us and injuring my fishing partner. We were in a very bad area but the fishing was great. The answer is yes most of the time.

Yes, Always.
    After reading some of the posts, I will always in the future as well.

I can't I don't have a boat, but I do carry on my neighbors boat.

Without question.

Yes...

On my friend's boat...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Bring it on pirates!
    Carrying on a boat is a must ....

The Pirates are Everywhere...
    02PSD4ME

Quote Originally Posted by SAnta01 View Post
    This might be for an other thread, if so please forgive a new... well you know. I'm wondering if a shot gun might be of best use, stainless I'm sure. What do you guys think? Do any of you live aboard full time? If so what type body of water? River, intercoastal etc.. Thanks Lee
    I've lived aboard about a total of 13 years and worked on the water for 12 years in the past. Pretty much covered the lower half of the east coast and much of the gulf coast. Also pulled some time in the Caribbean. Quite frankly hurricanes and drunken and sober idiots are the biggest threat with the drunken idiots on top. Never have needed a firearm there but still have an AR and several pistols around. Would love a marinized shotgun but that's low on my list right now.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Always...didn't we just have another boat thread?
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

Quote Originally Posted by SAnta01 View Post

I've lived on a Yacht in a Marina, saltwater, pistol, shotgun, either is fine. I'd rather have less holes to fix though if you have to use it in the boat. Whatever you do, don't shoot straight down...lol.. if you have to shoot a fish do it boatside.

Always

When you are on your boat, your guests expect you to bring them back safely.

I have a friend who chartered out of Ft. Lauderdale who was hijacked by customers 20 years ago who luckily escaped, but the boat suffered $500,000+ in damages and the mate was pistol whipped.

Ever since then, I have stowed weapons everywhere on board; from baseball bats and knives to pistols, shotguns, etc.

Fortunately, it has been like life insurance premiums which I pay for but do not wish to collect on.

I have run into drug boats at night while fishing in the Florida Straights, have had strangers approach who were very shady customers, and since I am offshore quite a distance, help is far away. If I do not have it on board, it is not going to happen.

I do have one stainless pistol, but everything else is blued or parkerized and none have any sign of problems due to salt air or water.

If you check, most fish wardens and Marine Law Enforcement are not surprised at all by boaters having guns on board.

Capt. Art

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links