CO does not accept permits from:

This is a discussion on CO does not accept permits from: within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a CO permit and chose FL for my secondary permit because, at the time, it added AR, PA, OH, and VA. Since I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO does not accept permits from:

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have a CO permit and chose FL for my secondary permit because, at the time, it added AR, PA, OH, and VA. Since I got it, AR and PA changed to recognize the CO permit. The FL was easy to get in 2007; I sent a copy of the 2004 training certificate for my CO permit qualification---no additional training for the FL permit required.

One reason for the 2007 CO law to cease recognizing nonrez permits was to prevent CO residents from getting the much cheaper UT permit rather than the CO permit.

West Virginia has refused nonrez permits, but on July 10 will reverse that practice and your FL permit will be good there too.
    Last edited by Anubis; May 30th, 2009 at 10:11 AM.

2. Remove Ads

One should research the permits PRIOR to taking the class to get them...know the laws, ignore what the instructors may/may not say about laws...instructors may not be familiar with the laws either.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by COlongshot View Post
    WOW am I mad.

Colorado Bureau of Investigation

This statute states that CO does not recognize out of state permits that are issued to non-residents of the issuing state. i.e. if I apply to get a FL permit I am not legal in cc for CO because I am a resident of CO and not FL.

SOOOO the jerks at the gun show last month who sold me on the idea of getting a FL permit (more states with reciprocity) either don't know what they are talking about or just royally screwed me over.

just a word of warning to anyone else who goes to the monthly gun show and is tempted to take a concealed carry class there. the class is fine, just don't waist 60 bucks for them to fingerprint you and 117 bucks to send off your app to FL.

Just curious, but does anyone know if there are any states that allow residents of their state to use a non resident permit vs a permit from their own state? I thought most if not all states that recognized non resident permits only honored them for non residents of their state. I guess I just assumed that once someone became a resident of a particular state, they would have to obtain a permit from their state of residence.
    NRA life member.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota97 View Post
    does anyone know if there are any states that allow residents of their state to use a non resident permit vs a permit from their own state?
    Most states recognize non-resident permits of reciprocal states. Only the yellow states on this map Handgunlaw.us do not. For example, if a UT resident has only a FL permit, it would be recognized in UT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links