Logo gear and concealment... - Page 2

Logo gear and concealment...

This is a discussion on Logo gear and concealment... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear them if they are FREE. I never argue with a free shirt if it's all Cotton & it's nicely oversize. I would never ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Administrator
    I wear them if they are FREE. I never argue with a free shirt if it's all Cotton & it's nicely oversize.

I would never pay for a logo shirt....unless it was a DefensiveCarry.com T-Shirt available from the Defensive Carry Forum Store easily found by clicking on the convenient link titled "DefensiveCarry Store" on hyperlink bar found at the top of every forum page.

How was THAT for a shameless plug?

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I'm with QK... if it's free, I'll wear it. Therefore the only thing I wear is a Bravo Company hat... then again, I figure most mad guys will have no idea what BCM stands for...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Ruger sent me a RugerLCP hat when they fixed my LCP.

I never wear it because, in my opinion, it defeats the purpose of concealed carry.
    Glock 33 .357 SIG plus .40 S&W barrel for most of practice. Keep loaded with .357 SIG hollow point for home protection.

RugerLCP .380 equipped with Crimson Trace for everyday carry.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

I have thought about this one a lot. I feel concealed carry is much more than just the physical (ie am I going to print). I am a person that if I find something that I like and think others could benefit from it, I am more than willing to advertise it (ie wear a logo). I also know that, wether you like it or not, everyone is judgmental to some degree. I lay as low as possible. To anti-gunners and pro-gunners alike, I would rather they form an opinion of me not knowing I even own a firearm. If by chance they ever find out I am into firearms, they will already have the notion that I am a likable and levelheaded person. People won't have an impression that I am some gun toting, shoot first and ask questions later kind of person. Which, because of the media, sadly that's how most people think. Everyone here should know that it isn't about the facts, it's about perception. I like to leave people with perception that everyday good people can have/carry firearms for fun and, more importantly, protection. Just my $0.02

D
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote"
    --Benjamin Franklin

"Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice."
    --Henry Ford

Hank and Karmen are a 'country rap' group...

IMHO, anyone who knows what HK stands for isn't going to present a problem for you.
    Now perhaps NRA, or "I Like Guns!", or something a little less subtle, but not HK...maybe it's just me...I'm just sayin'...

Stay armed...no advertising...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I say wear what you want. Often, wearing a shooting club shirt or firearms logo opens up conversation with a fellow shooter while in a checkout line, etc.

In my opinion, many folks are way too sensitive about "blowing their cover"...relax...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

OK Kevin, what does BCM stand for ?
    I wear my Marine vet. cap. I seem to get a lot of respect with it. I also wear a couple of NRA caps on occasion. No one seems to care around here.
    I also conceal pretty well but open carry is legal here so I don't worry about it. I have open carried and no one seems to notice it. People are in thier own world.
    Semper Fi

No LEO, gun or tactical wear for me. The only logo that I wear

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Bravo Company Manufacturing

They make some of the finest AR/M4 parts around... right up there with Colt, Noveske, LMT, etc.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

The Gray Man does not wear logos. The more non-descript the safer you are.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    The Gray Man does not wear logos. The more non-descript the safer you are.
    I generally subscribe to this. About the only stuff I wear with any type of logo on it is stuff for my own company...I might as well advertise for myself (automotive business). That said, I have Magpul, LaRue, and BCM hats that I'll wear to the range. I also have one T-shirt that I got at the recent carbine course I attended with EAG tactical. It has a nice, small discreet EAG logo on the front and on the back, in large letters, it says "KILL BAD GUYS LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY!" Even at the shooting range it raised some eyebrows.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/EAG-T...20kbg%20od.htm

People scream about bumper stickers "advertising"; claiming it's a ticket to invite a BG to follow you home "to rob the guns you have". How would gun logo's on clothes be any different? And no I don't "advertise".
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I tend to agree with both of the predominant views here... most people wouldn't notice, but on the other hand, no need to stick a sign on your back. We certainly have our share of Glock evangelists here, and with product loyalty often comes wearing the brand, hence my question...

I just wondered if maybe I was more observant than the typical armed robber... if I were gonna knock over a liquor store, I would pay attention to people with H&K shirts and those "shoot me first" vests... but then again, I've seen people wearing Porsche gear that don't have a prayer of really owning one...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

I don't have any firearm branded clothing, but I do have a Glock coffee mug. It has been a conversation starter from time to time.

I think I have that exact polo:) I haven't worn it yet only b/c it's a long sleeve and it's too darn hot here!

Otherwise, those in the 'know' don't care, and those that care don't know. Think the HK logo is obscure enough, particularly to the sheeple, that I would not care. Now the Barrett Rifles t-shirt I have with the 82A1 plastered on the front....well, that may attract a bit more attention
    HK45c V1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links