Logo gear and concealment... - Page 3

Logo gear and concealment...

This is a discussion on Logo gear and concealment... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The extreme left freaks out usually in urban areas at anything remotely connected to a firearm. Like the Starbucks girl who had a panic attack ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logo gear and concealment...

The extreme left freaks out usually in urban areas at anything remotely connected to a firearm. Like the Starbucks girl who had a panic attack when I wore my glock shirt to get coffee on my way home from the range. She even mentioned it to the cops who stopped there to get coffee and they said nothing to me.

I like keeping a low profile so I doubt I'll wear anything that says I am armed. The Starbucks incident did make me a little nervous when she started talking to the cops.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

I try not to advertise... my style of dress probably does that a little bit any how with out the logos. cargo pants, hiking boots and a slightly oversized t shirt... maybe a light jacket. No real logos... to easy to identify up here in AK, even for the bad guys.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

I wear what I want. I dont care if the logo gives me away. However, I usually wear black cargo shorts with the pic of some rock band. Lots of Beatles tees LOL
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by yzcrasher View Post
    People scream about ...

And no I don't "advertise".
    Never heard people scream their thoughts about this stuff.

For me, it's simply a matter of good procedure to avoid divulging the basics of one's security preparations. Who's to say what could happen? But I know one thing: my security arrangements aren't for public consumption. That extends to my general advertising of it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I like keeping a low profile
    Hence the stealth car...
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I wore an NRA hat to last years, Bikeweek in Daytona. It was in the heat of the election, and allot of people said “way to go” one even patted me on the back, and said “I should have worn mine”.

I sometime ware a shirt or hat from the Fed agency I worked with and no one ever pays any attention. Just like your H&K shirt no one cares, because there are so many shirts and hats saying just about everything.

And they do not associate you carrying a gun because you have a shirt on that say’s Glock, H&K, or even Got Sig

I usually dress "Grey".

The only exception is when I'm going to the Range, but that usually is a straight trip with no stops. I do have a couple of shirts from FLETC that I like to wear, but unless you take the time to really read the shirt you wouldn't know it's LEO related. I wear them working around the house.

Grey "blends in" better.

Biker

After reading the posts concerning the CC bumper stickers (I replied with my opinion - bad idea) and this thread here concerning logo clothing, I got to thinking about being inconspicuous (Grey Man) vs don't look like an easy mark or "prey". I was considering starting a new thread to ask for opinions on the matter, but decided to do a search first. Glad I did. For any other newer member to the forum who may have similar questions, search "Grey Man" and you will find an excellant thread from back in 2008.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

I wear firearm shirts to and from work and during work. But I work at a range. I never really gave it a second thought. My favorite shirt is a simple black polo that has the XD logo over the left breast. I dont think I am going to stop wearing it, even with my XD on my side.

I have had people in places like gas stations and supermarkets ask me what the symbols on my shirts mean and I just tell them its for my work or firearms training or something of the like. Most people just dont really care that much. If they do, I have yet to see it.

I wear logo shirts all the time. Every once in a while some one will ask about a Sig or Kimber shirt, they either don't have any idea what it is or they commit about what great guns they are. When wearing a Glock or Smith and Wesson, Ruger, or Colt shirt everyone knows what they are

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    ...I would never pay for a logo shirt....unless it was a DefensiveCarry.com T-Shirt available from the Defensive Carry Forum Store easily found by clicking on the convenient link titled "DefensiveCarry Store" on hyperlink bar found at the top of evey forum page....
    Dear QKShooter - Did I understand you correctly? You say that there's a DefensiveCarry.com T-Shirt available from the Defensive Carry Forum Store, easily found by clicking on the convenient link titled "DefensiveCarry Store" on hyperlink bar found at the top of evey forum page?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Dear QKShooter - Did I understand you correctly? You say that there's a DefensiveCarry.com T-Shirt available from the Defensive Carry Forum Store, easily found by clicking on the convenient link titled "DefensiveCarry Store" on hyperlink bar found at the top of evey forum page?
    Yup. The link to the store reaches the store, and thar be shirts.

'Course, only little bitty ones that'll shrink. Dang! I wonder if CafePress could be convinced to take a few dollars more for a bit larger shirt. Hm.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

If, to a bad guy, you look like you may be armed he'll find an easier mark. On the other hand I don't give most criminals enough credit to even know better. Crackheads being crackheads, their SA is not that great!

There are some really bad dudes out there that might cause you problems knowing you are armed. In this case I don't think a shirt logo would really make any difference.
    Probably true of muggers and armed robbers, but what if you found yourself in a mass shooting situation? When they are motivated by nothing but killing as many people as they can, the bad guys will take you out first, before you can take them out.

Just my $0.02
    Ron Paul 2012

There are three kinds of Yankees: Yankees, Damn Yankees, and Floridians

Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    For any other newer member to the forum who may have similar questions, search "Grey Man" and you will find an excellant thread from back in 2008.
    A good explanation of the grey man theory
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

I have a collection of logo shirts, but I usually only wear them at the gunshop for work. I don't wear them on my own time usually, but if I stop for gas or to get a burger or a cup of tea on the way to or from the shop, I don't worry about it too much.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links