Logo gear and concealment...

This is a discussion on Logo gear and concealment... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was gassing up the truck the other nite and the guy at the pump behind me caught my attention... a well-groomed black guy with ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Logo gear and concealment...

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Logo gear and concealment...

I was gassing up the truck the other nite and the guy at the pump behind me caught my attention... a well-groomed black guy with a new Mercedes... he's casually dressed, wearing cargo shorts and sandals, and what looked like a nice watch and a gold bracelet. He looked "professional", even in his casual attire... you could easily picture this guy in a tailored suit... it would not surprise me to learn that he was a stockbroker.

But what caught my eye was that he was wearing a black polo shirt with the bright red H&K logo on the breast. So without being too obvious, I tried to see if I could spot a weapon. If he was carrying, he was doing an excellent job of concealment. No bulges at the waistline... maybe carrying something in his cargo pockets.

I've also seen Sig gear, Glock gear, and my friend Ira has a Winchester ball cap he wears a lot... so I'm wondering... do you think firearm logo gear "blows your cover"...? I know I was paying attention to Mr H&K...

What about a Pro-2A shirt or NRA gear...?

Or how about a humorous tee shirt... something like "Gun control means using BOTH hands"...? Do you think this stuff attracts the attention of bad guys...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Maybe, maybe not.
    You noticed the shirt because you recognized the logo. Some BGs might as well, most sheep wouldn't.
    I have a couple of firearms related shirts, that I do wear, but only to certain places. In a group at a gun shop or range, nobody else will give it a second thought. Other places and other times when I have no clue who I might run across or end up having to deal with, I don't wear them.
    Judgement call.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I just got a couple of tshirts from Gabe the other day with the Eagle logo holding M-16 and Ak-47 with the words Right Wing Extremist surrounding the logo. On my way back home home from a wooded area today I had on a heavier shirt that I had removed. I stopped at a gas station to fill up and grab some junk food and never put my shirt back on over the tshirt. On my right side was my 1911 that several folks saw along with the shirt. No one even cared except a couple of guys asked where they could get the shirt. I look pretty rough according to my wife. Can't judge a package by the looks is my thoughts on people.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Can't judge a package by the looks is my thoughts on people
    +1 would agree with this

I wear NRA hats & T-shirts all the time. Only ones that seem to notice are other enthusiasts like me. A lot of them aren't into CC so they are not looking for a weapon.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

I tend not to wear logo cloths for that reason,. Specially if your somewhere your not suppose to be, why give up your cover??? Why take that chance??? I'm just another guy,..

VIP Member
    Well, I think it certainly raises the likelihood a notch but most of the people in my part of the country wearing such attire, and there are a lot, probably aren't CCW.

My old employer had a "no weapons" police and didn't even like talk about guns in the workplace so... being the brat that I've always been, I went out of my way to wear gun shirts/jackets to work.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    do you think firearm logo gear "blows your cover"...? I know I was paying attention to Mr H&K...
    Sure, it can. Your having noticed is a good example.

Do you think this stuff attracts the attention of bad guys...?
    It attracted your attention, and you had no real cause to care. Someone who's "hunting" can certainly benefit by the added knowledge, depending on the BG's goals.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I figure that if you want to remain concealed, don't advertise.

I'm always carrying, so I never wear NRA logo stuff, or any other gun logos for that mater.
    Unless I'm in hunting mode, and then it would be expected that I am armed.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Do you think this stuff attracts the attention of bad guys...?
    I don't think many of them believe it. Have you noticed how common the USMC bumper stickers are? The Army, despite being much larger, doesn't have nearly as much representation. I have a strong suspicion that many of those with Marine stickers aren't Marines or family of Marines. It's a "don't break into/key this car, this car is owned by a Marine who will kick your keister from here to Shanghai" sign. NRA/gun company hats and clothing can serve a similar purpose. With 1-2% of the population in states where it's easy to CC having licenses, there's not much chance that you'll meet one. If you do, there's a decent chance that they're not carrying at all, or have the gun in their car.
    I don't like wearing clothing with visible logos. They can put their logo on a tag inside the shirt/pants/whatever. Now, if they've got a nice logo, I might consider it (NRA).

I personally don't wear anything with firearms related logos anywhere but the range. It might tip off folks, and it might not. Either way, I would rather not give anybody else a clue that I am carrying.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Sure, it can. Your having noticed is a good example.

It attracted your attention, and you had no real cause to care. Someone who's "hunting" can certainly benefit by the added knowledge, depending on the BG's goals.
    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

If, to a bad guy, you look like you may be armed he'll find an easier mark. On the other hand I don't give most criminals enough credit to even know better. Crackheads being crackheads, their SA is not that great!

There are some really bad dudes out there that might cause you problems knowing you are armed. In this case I don't think a shirt logo would really make any difference.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

i agree with atctimmy.

ide wear a ruger shirt when carrying an LCP.

I stay under the radar. Logo's are range wear only. To many kooks and bad guys (Gang Bangers), that kill for sport.

T-
    S&W M&P .40 Compact
    Para Ordnance 18.9 9mm
    Wesson Mod 15 .357
    Ruger GP100 .357
    Remington 870 Express 12ga

I wear an old Remington hat when I wear hats (rarely) but no gun logo stuff other than that. I do have one shirt that says "Hunting: Legal Addiction" and on the back has crossed rifles and part of the constitution. Never had any comments, except a co-worker that struck up a conversation about rights. Turns out he's very pro-2A and all for sticking to the constitution.

Occasionally they do lead to things other than being assaulted and robbed.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links