Whole Foods No Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on Whole Foods No Concealed Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, I'm writing a letter to Whole Foods because of their signage for no concealed carry weapons allowed. I have only seen this signage at ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Whole Foods No Concealed Carry

Whole Foods No Concealed Carry

Hi,

I'm writing a letter to Whole Foods because of their signage for no concealed carry weapons allowed. I have only seen this signage at their one location. Does this sound okay?

Hi,

I am sad to say I will no longer purchase items from your store location. I noticed that your store is posted with a "No Concealed Carry" sign. This means that law abiding citizens that have gone through the training to get their concealed carry permit are not welcomed in your store.

I do know that your company is for the Freedom of Speech but you are discriminating against another right which is the "Right to Bear Arms". When one right is destroyed the next are soon to follow.

Such signage does not deter criminals from carry weapons into your store. The signage does however not allow a law abiding citizen to protect his/her family from such criminals if need be.

I do understand that you are a private business and have the right to post such signage. Unfortunately, my friends and family will not do business with a company that does not honor our God given right to self defense. I will also advise other concealed carry permit holders of this policy.

Thank you,
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    Romans 6:23
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    Fundmental Brodcasting Network
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Looks Good 2 me!
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Looks good. Well said.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Sounds good to me. What would be good is to have all your friends and neighbors also write one.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Some products I buy at their store cannot be obtained locally. Shipping costs often exceed product costs when ordered from the net.

My local Whole Foods store does not have such a sign as of yet.

Does your store have metal detector at entry/exit door ... ?
    Glock 33 .357 SIG plus .40 S&W barrel for most of practice. Keep loaded with .357 SIG hollow point for home protection.

RugerLCP .380 equipped with Crimson Trace for everyday carry.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

VIP Member
    How about posting their corporate address so that some of us can echo your letter? Iíll send them a similar letter right away, plus Iíll add them to the NoCarryZone website.
    Regards,
    ďMonsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.Ē
    ~ Stephen King

You may want to let them know how much you spent with them in the past, so they can put a dollar value on what this sign is costing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BillArkansas View Post
    Some products I buy at their store cannot be obtained locally. Shipping costs often exceed product costs when ordered from the net.

My local Whole Foods store does not have such a sign as of yet.
    Does your store have metal detector at entry/exit door ... ?
    No sir. The Whole Foods which is a little closer to me does not have a sign.

If you are looking at particular vitamins or other such products like that you might want to check out The Best Discount Vitamins, Minerals, and Supplements at the Lowest Price - Swanson Health Products I have ordered from them a few times now great prices and very fast shipping. Only $5 dollars shipping no matter the size of the order.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Should read - Such signage does not deter criminals from carrying .........

As someone who receives complaint letters you always want to make sure that they read well and don't have typos.
    Thunder71 and FTG-05 like this.
    The best preventative medicine is superior fire power.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    How about posting their corporate address so that some of us can echo your letter? Iíll send them a similar letter right away, plus Iíll add them to the NoCarryZone website.
    Regards,
    I believe how the company is set up each store can make their own such polices. I wasn't able to find a direct corporate email/address to send concerns to. I did however send the letter via the online form to company policy and also store policy departments.

Whole Foods Market: Natural and Organic Grocery
    www.Jesus-is-Savior.com
    www.ConsitutionParty.org

Whole Foods is an expensive place to shop. Each person spends at least $100 when they shop there. I go to the one in Bellevue WA sometimes to get some organic producs and imported spices and teas. I haven't seen a sign there yet but then again I haven't visited them for months.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Romans623 View Post
    Hi,

I'm writing a letter to Whole Foods because of their signage for no concealed carry weapons allowed. I have only seen this signage at their one location. Does this sound okay?

Hi,

I am sad to say I will no longer purchase items from your store location. I noticed that your store is posted with a "No Concealed Carry" sign. This means that law abiding citizens that have gone through the training to get their concealed carry permit are not welcomed in your store.

I do know that your company is for the Freedom of Speech but you are discriminating against another right which is the "Right to Bear Arms". When one right is destroyed the next are soon to follow.

Such signage does not deter criminals from carry weapons into your store. The signage does however not allow a law abiding citizen to protect his/her family from such criminals if need be.

I do understand that you are a private business and have the right to post such signage. Unfortunately, my friends and family will not do business with a company that does not honor our God given right to self defense. I will also advise other concealed carry permit holders of this policy.

Thank you,
    Can you post this over at No Carry Zones as well. The site is new and needs some reports of "unfriendly" establishments.
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

DID YOU KNOW: 89.3% of all quoted statistics are fabricated

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Very well-written! We just got a new WF near here, I haven't looked to see if there was a sign or not, but now I'll definitely make a trip up there just to check. Can you OC in your state?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sspargo View Post
    Can you post this over at No Carry Zones as well. The site is new and needs some reports of "unfriendly" establishments.
    Sabre,
    I just joined the site. Will post some know un-friendlies later as I get a chance.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

I would also include that in addition to the training, CCW holders have passed a background check - something that the majority of the other customers have not done.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links