Dropped my HK - Page 2

Dropped my HK

This is a discussion on Dropped my HK within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by maclean3 My Ruger P-89 went "swimming" with me once ... oops! Jack Lets hear the story behind that....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dropped my HK

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    My Ruger P-89 went "swimming" with me once ... oops!
    Jack
    Lets hear the story behind that.

I was trout fishing up on the Plateau several years ago - late March/early April, water maybe 50 and in hip boots. I came to a patch of mud in the creekbed and was working my way around it by holding onto roots sticking out of the bank. Had just enough time to think, "if this root breaks, I'm gonna..." and then - SNAP, Ker-SPLASH! backward into water. Ever try to swim with flooded hip boots? Had to drag myself up a 5 foot mud bank (with flooded boots!) while my best friend and his wife were trying to catch their breath and wiping tears . Had the Ruger under my fishing vest in a vertical Bianchi shoulder rig - made it through just fine but my hat was the only thing not completely soaked. They still bring that up every time we go fishing.

Could'a been worse, at least they didn't have a camera.
    Jack

I haven't had a handgun hit the deck so far, but if my USP did, I know it'd be fine. Had an M16 clatter around on more than one occasion when I was in the infantry. OTOH, when I did my branch transfer into armor, I saw some poor Infantry Lieutenant drop HIS M16 on the floor of a maintenance shed....right before an M1A1 Abrams tank ran it over. I never really understood the concept of FLAT before that. You could have literally slid that rifle underneath a door in your average home. My buddy in another tank remarked that there was a prime example of why tankers refer to infantry as "CRUNCHIES" 'cause you can hear their gear crunch when run over. OTOH, a civilian or a "guerilla" is called a squishy because there's not much equipment to crunch. Instead they sort of squish out the rear of the tank in a red splurt. LOL It's been a looooong day.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

I stripped a front sight off a Glock once. I called Glock and they sent me a new front sight for free.
    Not three days later The same Glock came out of a Miami Classic Shoulder holster and smashed the new front sight. I had to call back, this time I bought three... you never know.
    All my carry Glocks now have steel sights.

Thomas

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    I was trout fishing up on the Plateau several years ago - late March/early April, water maybe 50 and in hip boots. I came to a patch of mud in the creekbed and was working my way around it by holding onto roots sticking out of the bank. Had just enough time to think, "if this root breaks, I'm gonna..." and then - SNAP, Ker-SPLASH! backward into water. Ever try to swim with flooded hip boots? Had to drag myself up a 5 foot mud bank (with flooded boots!) while my best friend and his wife were trying to catch their breath and wiping tears . Had the Ruger under my fishing vest in a vertical Bianchi shoulder rig - made it through just fine but my hat was the only thing not completely soaked. They still bring that up every time we go fishing.

Could'a been worse, at least they didn't have a camera.
    Jack
    For water and woodland adventures I use a lanyard for BH to keep my USP on me. I would hater to drop it in a 140' deep lake.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    I haven't had a handgun hit the deck so far, but if my USP did, I know it'd be fine. Had an M16 clatter around on more than one occasion when I was in the infantry. OTOH, when I did my branch transfer into armor, I saw some poor Infantry Lieutenant drop HIS M16 on the floor of a maintenance shed....right before an M1A1 Abrams tank ran it over. I never really understood the concept of FLAT before that. You could have literally slid that rifle underneath a door in your average home. My buddy in another tank remarked that there was a prime example of why tankers refer to infantry as "CRUNCHIES" 'cause you can hear their gear crunch when run over. OTOH, a civilian or a "guerilla" is called a squishy because there's not much equipment to crunch. Instead they sort of squish out the rear of the tank in a red splurt. LOL It's been a looooong day.

Lol thats pretty good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links