Gun signs at Bass Pro Shops

This is a discussion on Gun signs at Bass Pro Shops within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just went to Bass Pro shops and there was a 8 x 12 sign on the door which read " Check your guns at ...

Thread: Gun signs at Bass Pro Shops

Gun signs at Bass Pro Shops

I just went to Bass Pro shops and there was a 8 x 12 sign on the door which read " Check your guns at the customer service desk"Since I carry concealed I don't see any reason to worry about this sign. since Florida dose not have open carry this sign is really kind of useless. I wonder how many people actually heed this sign. what do you all think. If you pulled the gun out and started waving it around I could see there being a problem.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Its I think intended like the sign at the Sportmans Warehouse, its for people bringing in rifles and such for gunsmithing or parts tryouts. The Sportsmans warehouse sign clarifies this more clearly for CC, its only if it comes out of the holster that they want it checked.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

I though maybe it was to cover their butts if something did happen. Thanks for the information.

I know the one in Grapevine makes you check your guns at the door for trigger locks, but if you have a CHL they don't make you check that gun, even if you are carrying a range bag.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

The one that I frequent has a similar sign but at the bottom it says "Not applicable to Concealed License holders"
    Sometimes you find your destiny on the road you chose to avoid it.

I think that's oriented to those that are taking guns back to the firearms department for one reason or another......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

VIP Member
    As per the other thread, it does not apply to permit holders. I was at Bass Pro in Phoenix and asked that question of the greeter.

I did however have to disarm to have dinner at the Bass Pro restaurant La Islamadora. It's licensed. No carry in licensed premises in AZ.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

this is for those who dont have a cpl and are using the range. cpl holders can go on through. At least in MI.
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Just for the benefit of those folks that are looking for trade, repair, etc. Not applicable to CCL holders.

VIP Member
    I used to work at Bass Pro Shop. The sign only applies to those taking a gun in for service with their gun smith, not to CC.

In FL, I don't even see signs...
    (Actually, I never have seen one in 9 years now.)
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Bass Pro is one of the places I like to visit. Not always the best price, but ok pricing and a good selection to look at.

The one in MI is not OC friendly. There were some issue a few years ago. I enjoy the range at Bass Pro, as it is $2 less and you get a full hour instead of 30 minutes. Then again, they lock you in the range (you can't get out unless they buzz you out).

When I go to the range there, I tend to CC 1 - 2 firearms, and my wife's purse is lighter (due to ammo use) once we leave. I don't worry about checking the firearms, and no one has called me on it.

IMO, Bass Pro is not 100% gun friendly, but I just don't sweat the smaller stuff. It is a nice place to shop, and as for those signs, I don't think it applies if you have a legal CC.

Everything I'm stating deals with my experience in MI, not sure about other states.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I just walked right in and walked out when I was done.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

BPS has always welcomed concealed carry with permit, and their signs in Va state so. They do however, want you to check sale or repair weapons (including archery) at the front desk.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Links