County Elected official recall efforts now highlighting CCW Permit

This is a discussion on County Elected official recall efforts now highlighting CCW Permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A California County has an elective official, a County Supervisor, in the hotseat of a recall effort. Among several reasons pertaining to the recall effort, ...

Thread: County Elected official recall efforts now highlighting CCW Permit

A California County has an elective official, a County Supervisor, in the hotseat of a recall effort.

Among several reasons pertaining to the recall effort, now the party for recall is talking about the County Supervisor's CCW permit. Here are some tid bits:

..."The group Saturday was especially infuriated that Cox (County Supervisor) last year was caught failing to check in a handgun he was legally carrying before a visit to Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.

"Why wasn't he arrested in Washington?" Lickey asked. "Any other person trying to carry a concealed weapon would have been thrown into jail then and there."

Cox (County Supervisor) has long since maintained the gun incident was overblown by his political critics. He did not attend Saturday's session and was not immediately available for comment Sunday.

But Montion hinted that the gun incident, along with a statement last week by Cox that he wanted to attend Saturday's session and address his critics directly, combined to create a "threatening" atmosphere.

"People are afraid," Montion said. "The man carries a gun. That's scary."

Cox wrote to the group last month asking to speak at the meeting and answer their concerns.

His overture was met with a public statement saying he would be turned away at the door.

"I wonder why they're so paranoid," Cox said. "Now it's not a public forum. Now they're calling it a campaign rally. I can respect that."

Cox said the group's concerns over his concealed weapons permit was a "non-issue." His concealed weapons permit made headlines in 2008 after he failed to check the weapon during a visit to Capitol Hill.

Cox told the (local newspaper) at the time one reason he carries the gun with him is that his anti-gang efforts in (the) County have made him a high-profile target.

Since then, he and other decision-makers within the county›have also reported they have received threats within the last year.

"I made a mistake bringing it to Washington, D.C., and I apologized," he said. "I'm done apologizing for that."

===End of newspaper tid bits. ======

Any thoughts about the CCW headlines in the recall effort?

"People are afraid," Montion said. "The man carries a gun. That's scary."

"I made a mistake bringing it to Washington, D.C., and I apologized," he said. "I'm done apologizing for that."
    You NEED something in DC of all places, and CA, must suck to live there.
    Looks like these folks have not ventured far from the home into other states in awhile.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

The guy should resign his position as county supervisor and become a shepherd... , he's surrounded.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Don't want to upset scared sheep. "Don't ask, don't tell" has some relevance ironically enough too.
    2A is not negotiable

All of us, who have carried for years, have made mistakes.

But be a politician and you’re not entitled to any. And make it a weapon blooper and the press will have a field day with you.

What county is this guy a supervisor in?
    If it's SF or LA it just goes to show those in power can and do get CCWs while the average folk get screwed.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

The Supervisor is in Tulare County, which is between Bakersfield and Fresno.

Again, there were many other reasons that prompted the recall effort, but the latest headline included the CCW permit and that is why I posted this.

I mainly wanted others to see the mentality of his critics here in California regarding weapons and CCW permits.

I odn't mind at all tha the guy has his CHL. I do agree though that anyone else would be thrown in jail for much, much less in DC. Him getting a free pass is just wrong.

I'm not surprised though.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Sponsored Links