Revoked license stories

This is a discussion on Revoked license stories within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I often see a thread started here by someone who just received their concealed carry permit, and of course those are the good threads. However, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revoked license stories

VIP Member

Revoked license stories

I often see a thread started here by someone who just received their concealed carry permit, and of course those are the good threads.

However, I don't recall any threads here where someone posted about having their permit revoked. Though maybe I have and forgotten. Actually I'd be surprised if someone detailed their story here, it's understandable that they wouldn't. I doubt if I would.

Do you know anyone who had their permit, but goofed up somewhere along the way and had it revoked? Personally I don't know anyone, I've looked at some of the state's statistics and have seen some figures for revoked carry permits, so obviously it happens.

I had a leo tell me once about an out-of-state guy they stopped here in Louisiana for DUI, and he had a permit, though I can't remember whether he was ccw or not. Anyway the leo put into place the means to contact this guys home state and advise them of his arrest here for DUI. Presumably he eventually lost his permit.

Any other incidences you know about?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've had a carry permit for almost 14 years now. Don't know of anyone that has lost their permits. Would be interested in how's and why's of any revoked permits.

I know a guy that him and his wife got thiers and then she was notified to turn hers back in. It was mix up but it took her several weeks before it all got worked out. She had done nothing wrong but the state sent certified letters asking her to turn it back in at the sherriff dept.
    S&W 642 .38+p
    Ruger SP 101 .357
    Ruger p89dc

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    You will probably find a few cases but when you consider that most people that get their permit are law abiding citizens you aren't likely to find to many.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member
    Now that I have had time to think. We do have a member here who was ordered to turn his NYS license in. 2edgesword and his wife had their licenses suspended because of their grandson. Link below:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...icense+revoked

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Now that I have had time to think. We do have a member here who was ordered to turn his NYS license in. 2edgesword and his wife had their licenses suspended because of their grandson. Link below:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...icense+revoked
    Thanks for posting that link, in fact I should remember that thread, especially since I gave a reply to it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

The proportion of CCW permits revoked is rather miniscule, so I'm not surprised that we don't have a lot of revocation stories here.

I remember seeing some statistics on the number of permits revoked in FL and it is very small.

More proof that those of us who carry legally are trustworthy...a concept some of our legislators ought to get a clue to.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Agreed... no one notices lawful concealed carriers until they are forced to defend themselves...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

There were a number of news reports which highlighted those with CWPs doing stupid things which were going to get them put in jail and lose their licenses.

Check In the News sub-forum and should have some there.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    There were a number of news reports which highlighted those with CWPs doing stupid things which were going to get them put in jail and lose their licenses.

Check In the News sub-forum and should have some there.
    Yes, there are some CCW permit holders who do stupid things and get tossed into the 'clinker', but there are many times more politicians who get busted and thrown into the slammer...the list of politicians would be much longer and the percentage far much higher.OMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Our atty gen posts on their site how many revocations, etc... but never the reasons. I wish they would post the reasons.

There was a guy I saw at a gun shop where I was looking for ammo who had his CPL revoked. He had just purchased a pistol and was asking if he could get a full refund. The dealer said he would need to pay him a $100 restocking fee.

The dealer asked him why his CPL was revoked and the guy just started dissing the police. He never of course gave the real reason.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

VIP Member
    I had to do some digging, but found this compilation of statistics for our state. Here is the link for much more information- age, sex, gender, etc of permit holders here.http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chAnnualReport07-08.pdf

Revocations of Permits Last Year
    Total Number of Permits Revoked Last Year 28
    Reason For Revocation
    L.A.C. 55:I:1307.C.15 1 Applicant is ineligible to possess a firearm under 18 USC 922(g).
    L.A.C. 55:I:1309.D 8 Permittee failed to meet and maintain qualification requirements.
    L.A.C. 55:I:1313.B.5 1 Permittee failed to notify the Department within fifteen days of an arrest.
    L.A.C. 55:I:1313.B.6 2 Permittee ceased to reside within the state.
    L.A.C. 55:I:1313.B.7 4 Permittee failed to return the concealed handgun permit upon suspension.
    LAC 55:I:1309.I 1
    Any permit issued by the deputy secretary of the Department of Public Safety and
    Corrections shall be deemed to be the property of the Department and shall be
    surrendered and returned to the Department upon suspension, revocation or
    expiration, or when the permittee ceases to reside in the state.
    R.S. 40: 1379.3 (R)(1) 3 Permittee failed to notify the Department within fifteen days of an arrest.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (10) 3 Permittee was charged by bill of information for a felony offense.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (5) 1 Permittee suffers from a mental infirmity which prevents the safe handling of a
    handgun.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (8) 3 Permittee presumed to chronically and habitually use alcoholic beverages to the
    extent that his normal faculties are impaired.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (9) 1 Permittee convicted of a crime of violence.
    Total: 28

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I had to do some digging, but found this compilation of statistics for our state. Here is the link for much more information- age, sex, gender, etc of permit holders here.http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chAnnualReport07-08.pdf

Revocations of Permits Last Year
    Total Number of Permits Revoked Last Year 28
    Reason For Revocation
    L.A.C. 55:I:1307.C.15 1 Applicant is ineligible to possess a firearm under 18 USC 922(g).
    L.A.C. 55:I:1309.D 8 Permittee failed to meet and maintain qualification requirements.
    L.A.C. 55:I:1313.B.5 1 Permittee failed to notify the Department within fifteen days of an arrest.
    L.A.C. 55:I:1313.B.6 2 Permittee ceased to reside within the state.
    L.A.C. 55:I:1313.B.7 4 Permittee failed to return the concealed handgun permit upon suspension.
    LAC 55:I:1309.I 1
    Any permit issued by the deputy secretary of the Department of Public Safety and
    Corrections shall be deemed to be the property of the Department and shall be
    surrendered and returned to the Department upon suspension, revocation or
    expiration, or when the permittee ceases to reside in the state.
    R.S. 40: 1379.3 (R)(1) 3 Permittee failed to notify the Department within fifteen days of an arrest.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (10) 3 Permittee was charged by bill of information for a felony offense.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (5) 1 Permittee suffers from a mental infirmity which prevents the safe handling of a
    handgun.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (8) 3 Permittee presumed to chronically and habitually use alcoholic beverages to the
    extent that his normal faculties are impaired.
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (C) (9) 1 Permittee convicted of a crime of violence.
    Total: 28
    Are these just revocations? A couple sound like they may just be denials as well. Either way, 28 is a low number - I guess gun nuts are pretty good, eh?
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links