It's now 90 days

This is a discussion on It's now 90 days within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it's day 90 and my status is still "Processing Application". Fellow members have expressed that I should "be patient", but come on, it's been ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's now 90 days

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

It's now 90 days

Well it's day 90 and my status is still "Processing Application".
    Fellow members have expressed that I should "be patient", but come on, it's been long enough. Sorry I just needed to vent a little. Have a good weekend everyone!
    Last edited by ErnieNWillis; June 5th, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

2. Remove Ads

That's nothing! I'm at 172 days, and apparently have about 30 more to go.

Florida is supposed to be 90 days max, but after a clerical error (which caused the Dept of Agriculture, who issues licenses, to send me a letter requesting more money), it seems my app was stuck back on the top of the pile.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post

Florida is supposed to be 90 days max, but after a clerical error (which caused the Dept of Agriculture, who issues licenses, to send me a letter requesting more money), it seems my app was stuck back on the top of the pile.

That is BS! More money? Wonder who's pocket it went in to?

aag
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post

I was in the same situation. Sent the app in November, received request for additional docs in the last day of January. Sent it back the same day. Those additional papers were first looked at mid-April (after me calling repeatedly, and eventually resubmitting them via email) -- got my license mid-May. Hold on, at 172 days you must be really close.

I cannot believe how long it takes some states to process a premit application. In MN it is 30 days max by law and I think that is about 29.5 days too long. My niece use to do these for one office in MN and she told me it takes a few hours unless there is some big problem and even then it may take only a couple days.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

2 Weeks

Ohio requires a max of 45 days. Having heard that my county was taking the maximum possible, I went to the neighboring county as I am allowed. They took about 15 minutes to turn everything in and called in about 2 weeks. My buddy got his at the same place, 2 days.

They should be able to do a CCW license as quickly as a driver's license.
    Prints can be done within an hour by computer, and the rest is paperwork.
    All these waits are pure...
    OMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yes, more money. The money requested was $5.00. According to the CCW application instructions:

"A $75 license fee must be submitted with your application. A $42 fingerprint card-processing fee must also be included (totaling $117) unless your fingerprints were taken by a law enforcement agency using a LIVE SCAN device and were submitted electronically."

My prints were taken electronically (I included the receipt as well as the printout from the Sheriff's office). In that case, I was told the total submitted with my application should be the $117 total minus whatever was charged for taking my prints. That charge was only $5.00 (the local sheriff's office does not charge $42.. just $5). So, I submitted $112, and the receipt for the $5 already spent on prints. $117 total, right?

Well, 3 1/2 months after submitting my application, I receive a letter stating I owed $5.00. I called to ask for further information, hoping I could explain the supposed error, but was greeted with customer service that rivals the Wal-Mart return desk the day after Christmas.

Rather than even trying to argue, I politely thanked the representative for the info, wrote out a check for $5, and mailed it in, foolishly thinking my application would be released upon the receipt of the $5. Nope. Apparently any correspondence regarding your application triggers another 90-day waiting period.

Fortunately, my wife received her permit (the day before I received my letter), so one of us can carry.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Well it's day 90 and my status is still "Processing Application".
    Fellow members have expressed that I should "be patient", but come on, it's been long enough. Sorry I just needed to vent a little. Have a good weekend everyone!
    Hello Ernie, Yeah, its been over 90 days for me. I got email from senate, she said theres over 12,000 applications for feburary - "Backlog", she said I think its a lame excuse, they have enough money to hire more people to finish it up.

Time to call someone and make some waves...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I am currently on day 117! Still waiting on my last BGC from the "gulf coast region"....lame excuse. Shouldn't take long to do a background check on someone without a record in Harris county..... Oh well. Mr Ernie, I'm now in Willis! We'll see how long this lasts as the commute to the medical center (Houston) is a bear. I've given up on the license. It'll get here when it gets here and i'm not thinking about it anymore. Whatever.
    Yep, I'm a Male Nurse.....Focker

Kimber Ultra CDP II
    Beretta PX4 9mm
    Ruger LCP
    FN Herstal PBR .308

Waiting for CCW in Florida

My application took exactly 90 days to approval and 100 days to receipt. It was a clean app with electronic fingerprint submission.

Having filed may forms as a Pro Se individual including an extensive immigration application, my advice is make absolutely sure you have all the I's dotted and T's crossed. It takes more time and patience, but it will resolve the frustration of delay, questions, and addtional follow up.

Good Luck,
    Bag Man
    Hobbyist Gunsmith
    www.concealedcarrybags.com
    Concealed Carry Bags
    "We Conceal it, You Carry it"

Tic tock tic tock...the wait is torture, I took me about 7 months to get mine (Sept - March). I live in Brazoria County, their excuse was "IKE" and huge backlog. I did e-mail the Governor's office after 90 days, not much help, I then e-mailed the State Rep in April. I then got it by the end of March. I don't know if the e-mails helped but both of them contacted me and said they would tell DPS to expedite my application. Hang in there you'll get it.

Makes me think about starting my renewal process now since it takes them forever (just a joke)

I got mine about 1 year ago (pre B.H.O.) and got my licence in about 45 days. It may have helped that I then had an active secret clearance. I also think, based on the total lack of ammo, that times are much busier now than then.

Sorry to HiJack...but would someone mind PMing me, or putting the contact numbers, or website to check status here? Thanks..I know it's been posted before.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links