Questions about moving cross country

This is a discussion on Questions about moving cross country within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be moving from Indiana to Oregon for my job this July and I am wondering if anyone might be able to help me ...

Thread: Questions about moving cross country

Questions about moving cross country

I will be moving from Indiana to Oregon for my job this July and I am wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with some CCW questions. I have an Indiana lifetime LTCH and I have been looking at which states have reciprocity with Indiana. Depending on whether I take the northern route or the southern route. If I go north, It looks like I will be good to go once I reach North Dakota. If I go south, I will have to wait until I reach Wyoming. What I am wondering is, since I am moving to Oregon, technically, once I leave Indiana, I am no longer an Indiana resident anymore? Does my Indiana lifetime LTCH still remain valid even though I am moving?
    Once I arrive in Oregon, I intend to apply asap for an Oregon CCW. If there are any Oregonians out there, I would like to know if there is a waiting period for residency. I have read conflicting things. If I am reading it correctly, It seems that there is only a waiting period if you are an legal alien resident. If you are a U.S. citizen, it doesn't appear that there is a waiting period, as long as you can prove residency, but I am reading some conflicting information. Anyway, I would love to hear from anyone who knows for sure.
    COGITO, ERGO PORTO

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Actually your Indiana license is good until you establish your new residency in OR.

Since Indiana only issues to out of state residents who work in Indiana, it would be my guess that once you establish the OR residency your IN license will no longer be valid.

(f) The superintendent may not issue a lifetime qualified license or a lifetime unlimited license to a person who is a resident of another state. The superintendent may issue a four (4) year qualified license or a four (4) year unlimited license to a person who is a resident of another state and who has a regular place of business or employment in Indiana as described in section 3(a)(3) of this chapter.

I’d keep your current states drivers license to go with your CCL until you new CCL comes in.

We have a lot of citizens in this area who only live in Florida less than six months per year and they all keep their other licenses. Unless the other state has an income tax, then they move everything here.

Links