Trip Report: New York to California

This is a discussion on Trip Report: New York to California within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am relatively new to CCW but I just wanted to share some experiences I had on my long journey across the country. I started ...

Thread: Trip Report: New York to California

Trip Report: New York to California

I am relatively new to CCW but I just wanted to share some experiences I had on my long journey across the country. I started in New York (unarmed) and traveled along I-80 all the way to Utah. I spent about two weeks on the road, stopping to visit friends and I was armed most of the time. I am running a Raven Concealment Phantom IWB for my G19. What a comfortable holster. I could tell it was there the entire time but it felt great, had great retention, good concealment, etc. Anyone looking to get a new holster should try this one out. I carried a RC double mag holder too (all on a wilderness belt) and it all worked really well.

I tried all manner of clothing, shirts, polos, and t-shirts and everything worked well with the RC. Even the t-shirt, it was hard to tell what I had.

This trip must have been the ultimate CCW journey because not only did I finally complete my wally world walk (out of nachos and 9mm, but I did get some great concealment pants) but I also got pulled over for the first time while carrying in Utah. The LEO was very nice, very respectful. I handed him my paperwork and informed him that I had a concealed weapon and a permit. He asked me where it was and I told him it was on my right side hip. All he said was keep my hands away from it and then he went back to run my plates. He didn't even look at my permit. He was very courteous about the whole situation and let me off with a warning for rolling through a stop sign. I should know better, but I am glad it all worked out well.

Thanks for all the advice and help thus far.
    Glock 19
    Springfield XD45
    Para Ord SF-45-A

Being a victim is a choice, it doesn't have to be yours - Support Concealed Carry on Campus

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well done!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Glad you had a great time.

I guess I’ve always been too heavy; IWB holsters just don’t feel good to me.

Good job old boy!

Links