Age ranges of permittee's

This is a discussion on Age ranges of permittee's within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Recently I was looking at this report from our state, regarding concealed handgun permits. http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chAnnualReport07-08.pdf It was interesting looking at the age groups, here are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age ranges of permittee's

VIP Member

Recently I was looking at this report from our state, regarding concealed handgun permits.

http://www.lsp.org/pdf/chAnnualReport07-08.pdf

It was interesting looking at the age groups, here are some of the stats regarding age of permittee's:

By Age
    21~30 1803
    31~40 3929
    41~50 4810
    51~60 7010
    61~70 5975
    71~80 2965
    81~90 876
    91~100 54
    Total: 27422

It's interesting to look at the age group 91-100, that 54 permits have been issued for that age group.

Note the checklist below:

Required Documents Checklist:
    Application with the 3 affidavits completed and notarized.

Passport type photograph described on pages 1 & 2.

Copy of Louisiana Driver’s License or Louisiana Identification Card.

Correct Fee as described in Rule Booklet.

Proof of Training as described in Rule Booklet.

Certified True Copies of court minutes as requested in “Arrest, Detention, and Litigation Section.” If you have not been arrested this is not applicable.

Medical Summary Disposition completed by the treating physician or a copy of your medical records. If you answered yes to any of the medical questions this information must be provided.

If divorced, copies of the divorce settlement, decree, or final judgment along with any orders or injunctions of the court.

A copy of your DD214, if applicable

A set of fingerprints on an FBI Applicant Card

That's a lot of stuff for someone 90+ to successfully go through. Good for them and I wish these seniors the best of luck.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Let's hear it for all us 51 - 60 year olds! We rock!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Makes you wonder if the 54 people in the 91-100 range still drive too? What gives no 100+ range?
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

VIP Member
    Required Documents Checklist:
    Application with the 3 affidavits completed and notarized.
    If divorced, copies of the divorce settlement, decree, or final judgment along with any orders or injunctions of the court.
    What kind of crap is that? Affidavits and divorce paperwork. LA doesn't sound very gun friendly requiring that stuff.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    What kind of crap is that? Affidavits and divorce paperwork.
    Why do they need divorce papers?
    They request the divorce decree because many settlements have a parental protection order or child protection order. They request the documents as a way to prove no temporary restraining order exists. I'm sure the permitting process varies from state to state, apparantly that was an important issue to the legislators here, may not be so important somewhere else. Some other state probably has some issue that we don't have. Actually no surprise, that's why we're different states.

LA doesn't sound very gun friendly requiring that stuff.
    Give me a break here. We scored next to last from the Brady Campaign (Oklahoma was last). That means we are the second friendliest gun state in the nation, we're only behind Oklahoma.

And last summer:On July 2, 2008, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal signed Senate Bill 51 into law. SB 51 allows all law-abiding employees, invitees, and customers to keep firearms locked in their vehicles while parked on publicly accessible parking lots, unless state or federal law already prohibits the possession of firearms on the premises, or the vehicle in question is company-owned or leased.While SB 51 primarily affects parking lots that are accessible to the general public, businesses which provide secure parking for its customers or employees (parking that is inaccessible to the general public) must also provide storage facilities, such as lockers, for their customers or employees to temporarily place their firearms, or provide alternative parking for customers or employees who wish to transport and store firearms in their private motor vehicles. That alternative parking area must be reasonably close to the secure parking area. SB 51, now ACT 684, is effective 8/15/2008.

Also:Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal was recently honored at the 2008 NRA convention for legislation designed to prevent future gun confiscations similar to those in post-Katrina New Orleans.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

What does a divorce have to do with anything?

It's interesting to see the steady increase in permits as the ages increase, at least until 61-70 and beyond.

And hoorah for those 91-100 y/o's (and others, too) who are still proactive in their self-defense.

By Age
    21~30 1803
    31~40 3929
    41~50 4810
    51~60 7010
    61~70 5975
    71~80 2965
    81~90 876
    91~100 54
    Total: 27422

As of 34 days ago, I fit into that 51-60 range. ... but in Texas.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    What does a divorce have to do with anything?
    Why do they need divorce papers?
    They request the divorce decree because many settlements have a parental protection order or child protection order. They request the documents as a way to prove no temporary restraining order exists. I'm sure the permitting process varies from state to state, apparently that was an important issue to the legislators here, may not be so important somewhere else. Some other state probably has some issue that we don't have. Actually no surprise, that's why we're different states.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    I resemble that remark.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Yay for 21-year-olds!

Six more months and I'm in the highest carry class, just goes to show you don't mess with the over fifty class of people.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Yup, I'm in the 55-60 class. I would hope the driving factor behind the "older" group having higher numbers would be the fact that as you age, you get smarter, with that wisdom comes the realization that you re no longer bullet proof. With age comes a declining ability for most to defend themselves physically. And then, there are the exceptions to that rule. I know that at the tender age of 55, I am physically and mentally much more able to defend than I was at say 25 years old. At 25, I depended strictly on brute strength. After a few years of MA training, disabling another human would be much easier. I guess I am just strange like that. I figured that with a CCW permit came a responsibility. I was responsible to attempt any and all non-lethal solutions before making the final decision for another human, close combat training was, in my mind, a requirement. MA training was as important as learning to walk away from most encounters.
    D

I'm going to give a 'thumbs up' for the 61-70 year old group.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    Kids. Sheeeesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links