no recognition from Nebraska

This is a discussion on no recognition from Nebraska within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i was looking at a map today seeing what states recognized my chl license. it seems that Nebraska does not honor any states license or ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i was looking at a map today seeing what states recognized my chl license.
    it seems that Nebraska does not honor any states license or any that i could find at least.
    that seems kind of weird?, crummy?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    yep. I have Utah and CO licenses and now when I go to/from MN, I go through Wyoming and South Dakota spending my money in those states instead.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Our legislature just passed, and the Governor signed, LB430. It contained preemption, reciprocity (for states that have equal or greater requirements for their CHP), and a few other things, like non-resident military members stationed in Nebraska can apply for the permit. It should come into effect around the end of August/beginning of September.

The Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (a relatively new organization) played a huge role in getting in passed. Senator Christensen introduced the bill in Committee, and Senator Fulton made it a priority bill which means it was guaranteed to make it out of committee and to the Senate floor for debate.

A huge "Thank You!" to all involved.
    Last edited by WarHorse1961; June 5th, 2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: More Information

I would take the time to drive clear around those states that do not allow me to carry my sidearm...I've done it before and I will do it again. I'll spend my $$ elsewhere.

Stay armed...just change vacation plans a little...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I grew up in Nebraska. Never try to bypass it if possible. There is nothing more beautiful than 420 miles of cornfields and the Platte River. You get to start or end your state tour with a crossing of the armpit of the midwest...Omaha.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Hey hey there AZ Husker. Ne is 459 miles on the interstate. I made the trip many times.

Yes, that's correct. NE or IA doesn't play well with others when it comes to CCW. Hopefully :-) this will change soon, so keep tabs. Everyone else around these two states except for IL, play well together... LOL.
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

Distinguished Member
    LB 430 will take effect about 9-1-09, in the interm, NE is an open carry state, you may travel with a loaded hand-gun that is in plain view. Omaha may have a requirment for an open carry permit, not sure with the new law (LB 430)

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

WarHorse, SleepingZ, good to hear about LB 430. I hope Ohio is one that gets reciprocity. My Mom lives in Broken Bow, and we try to get out there pretty regular. Good to get off I-80 and take Highway 2.
    Last edited by rainmaker; June 6th, 2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: I can spell, just can't type.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    WarHorse, SleepingZ, good to hear about LB 430. I hope Ohio is one that gets reciprocity. My Mom lives in Broken Bow, and we try to get out there pretty regular. Good to get off I-80 and take Highway 2.
    I lived in Lexington for 35 years and my wife was from south of Valentine. I traveled through Broken Bow hundreds of times. Nice little town (before Adams (?) cattle company expanded to giant proportions. Now, BB smells about as bad as Lexington.

To stay on topic, Nebraska doesn't have reciprocity with Wyoming either. Not much of a problem when visiting my F-I-L in Valentine as it's just across the S.D./NE border and we have reciprocity with S.D. But I don't go to Lex to visit friend's like I should as it's kind of a spooky place anymore (and, as time goes on, my friend's from there have either passed on or moved out of town).
    Cloudpeak

IIRC doesn't Nebraska allow towns to make it illegal to conceal carry in their jurisdiction even if you have a Nebraska conceal carry permit.That in itself should be addressed since if the state has issued you a permit to carry it should be good anywhere in the state,I don't see them restricting people with drivers licenses from driving in their towns
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Has the state published a list of state permits it will honor starting in September?
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    IIRC doesn't Nebraska allow towns to make it illegal to conceal carry in their jurisdiction even if you have a Nebraska conceal carry permit.That in itself should be addressed since if the state has issued you a permit to carry it should be good anywhere in the state,I don't see them restricting people with drivers licenses from driving in their towns
    LB 430 has taken care of that, it will be effective about 9-1-09.
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingz View Post
    lb 430 has taken care of that, it will be effective about 9-1-09.
    that sounds good, glad to hear it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    Has the state published a list of state permits it will honor starting in September?
    I hope Kansas makes the list!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links