Trip to my local clinic kinda funny i guess!!

This is a discussion on Trip to my local clinic kinda funny i guess!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok well i finally gave in. I've been sick for like 3 weeks now. It goes and comes. Chest congestion with cough.cough goes away but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to my local clinic kinda funny i guess!!

ok well i finally gave in. I've been sick for like 3 weeks now. It goes and comes. Chest congestion with cough.cough goes away but i cant breath. So im getting tired of hearing the wife say she dosent feel sorry for me cuz i wont go see the DOC. So off tho the clinic i go due to my Dr. being on vacation.

Normal check-in procedures, check vitals all the good stuff. Dr. then tells me i need a chest x-ray. No biggie. So i walk in to x-ray room and x-ray tech tells me to take my shirt off. Im soo out of it ,i began to take my shirt off and Dough im carrying!!! Totaly forget. I start to panic a lil. ive been carrying for couple of months now and im very confident but for some reason this freaked me out. I tell the tech that i cant take off my shirt. She looks at me funny. At this time im kinda getting the jitters. She asks why. And the words dont come out!! im like ugh ugh ugh all the while shes looking at me like hurry up its time to go.

I finally sorta mumble under my breath and not in so many words that im carrying a concealed weapon. the tech looks at me and says ok wheres it at? so i kinda turn to the side and point. She says nope gotta take it off or it will come out on the x-ray. You can remove your shirt and gun and put them on exam table.I was like thats it ,your not gonna freak out and yell HES GOT A GUN!! So i did carefully and took the x-ray.

All in all good trip to the clinic i guess. i thanked the tech for not tripping out. I think i was more freaked!!
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Lol. Niiiice. Glad it worked out well for you.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Yup, that's about it. No one cares.

Ken

A gun showing up on your x-rays!

I can imagine that x-ray getting published somewhere in an anti-gun medical story.

Glad the tech didn't make a big deal about it.

Where did they take X-rays that you could carry? Most of the time that is done in the hospital and you cannot carry there???

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    "Hmmm, nurse... what is this in the X-ray...? It appears the patient has swallowed a 9mm doublestack magazine..."
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Glad no one went screaming out of the room.
    It's a pleasant experience when the nurse or doctor understands and respects your right to SD.
    I've even had a few begin to discuss guns...what I had, what he had, etc., enjoyable experience.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I can see it now someone CC SOB doc looks at the x-ray and just says "well thats definatly deep concealment, but I don't know how quick he could access the gun in his colon."
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

Our hospital won't let me carry, but my wife clinic doesn't have any signs up. You've gave me a great Idea, I'm going to have her X-ray my 9c for my sig pic.

Oh and she just told me she's never had anyone wear a gun into the rad room...LOL

However.com her co-worker X-rayed a guy this week, the pt said "don't worry I'm not going to shoot you." LOL

The clinic has budgeted for bulletproof glass in the reception are and access control and cameras for the whole clinic using some of the money Barry has gave them.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Glad it turned out ok. Me, when I examine a pt, and find that he has a dun, I laugh and show him mine!

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    Where did they take X-rays that you could carry? Most of the time that is done in the hospital and you cannot carry there???
    It was an urgent care/walk in clinic on FM 1960/Red Oak Dr.
    My normal Doc is on vacation, and I needed something so I could breath better. The tech even went as far as sayin she liked to shoot.
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    A gun showing up on your x-rays!
    Well, Sir, your gun appears healthy. You are good to go.
    Never argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I have your x-rays right here:
    We can't stop here...this is bat country.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Res Ipsa Loquitur

Well, I'm a nurse and not an x-ray tech...but I can tell you that we have seen it all and NOTHING surprises us...anymore. LOL
    Take care,
    VTXDM40...........Molon Labe

When I go to the Dr. I have to tell them how much to subtract on my weight due to the guns I'm carrying.

Biker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links