Had to "OUT" Myself

Had to "OUT" Myself

This is a discussion on Had to "OUT" Myself within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Our community is having its annual "Town and Country Days" this weekend. I hate this event. It is a tiny little fair with a car ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had to "OUT" Myself

Cool Had to "OUT" Myself

Our community is having its annual "Town and Country Days" this weekend. I hate this event. It is a tiny little fair with a car show, beer garden, food booths, a small center stage, Basket Ball tournament, and more. This event is fun for the kids during the day. They get to march in the parade, see all their friends, and just hang out. When night falls the beer garden cranks up and the music is so loud that no one in town can sleep. There are fights, people walking around town at all hours, car tires squealing, tons of cars parked in your yard. It is like a giant block party. Sure sounds fun if that is what you like. I guess I am just getting old. Anyways.....

There is a booth set up for Costco to sign up new members. We don't have a Costco here in town it is 80 miles away. When we walk by in single file (Wife, kid, kid, kid, Me in the back) my wife turns to check the kids and make eye contact with me. This woman at the Costco booth instantly just starts handing her fliers and telling her all about Costco. The Wife tries to be nice, but cant really get a word in. She finally just says not today and tries to move on. So this woman is trying to write out a bunch of crap and give it to my Wife. Wanting to move on I told the lady I just had one question, but I didn't think she could answer it. I told her I belonged to Defensive Carry. I explained the site and what it was about. Then I told her that I had heard on Defensive Carry that Costco didn't allow concealed carry on their property. She confirmed that it was true and said it came from the corporate level. Having her on the defense felt good. We told her that we would not be able to shop there and gave her the paperwork back and left her holding it with a suprised look on her face.

It still feels good.

Weaz

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Good on you, mate.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Weaz View Post
    It still feels good.
    Well done, but unfortunately it'll stop there with her. It won't make it up the food chain to whomever sets policy.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Well done, but unfortunately it'll stop there with her. It won't make it up the food chain to whomever sets policy.
    No, the word won't get up to the top.

But neither will his dollar, and that is all that matters.
    Do whatever floats your boat, but don't dare to try and sink mine.

Now following up with a letter to Corp that you attended the fair and could not sign up with a large group of guys that you go to the range because of the no firearm policy.

VIP Member
    None of the Costco stores here in the Richmond area are posted. Until they post them I'll use them as needed.

sss
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    None of the Costco stores here in the Richmond area are posted. Until they post them I'll use them as needed.
    Same here with the Houston location where I shop every now and then. If state law complaint "30.06" signs are posted, I probably won't renew my membership.
    "A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker." - H.L. Mencken

Then it would appear NOT to be a corporate policy, but individual store election.

My daughter works for COSTCO in an administrative capacity. She's here tomorrow w/grandson and I'll ask about it.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Oddly enough, I was just told at the FOP meeting on Tuesday that we get a member discount to Costco -- um, wouldn't logic dictate that if you invite the FOP, you get people who carry? Duh?
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Oddly enough, I was just told at the FOP meeting on Tuesday that we get a member discount to Costco -- um, wouldn't logic dictate that if you invite the FOP, you get people who carry? Duh?
    Most places I know of, this would not apply to LEOs, which I'm pretty sure you have to be if you are a FOP member.

Roger

Here is a letter I sent to Costco corporate in response to a reply from Costco about thier policy. Seems that a LEO cannot carry unless he is on duty.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-posted-5.html
    Last edited by helitech; June 6th, 2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: add document

I stopped my Membership at Costco last year

Just call me Sam :)
    Glock 33 .357 SIG plus .40 S&W barrel for most of practice. Keep loaded with .357 SIG hollow point for home protection.

RugerLCP .380 equipped with Crimson Trace for everyday carry.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

The Costco in my town only outlaws the "unlicensed" carry of weapons.
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itowbigtruck View Post
    Most places I know of, this would not apply to LEOs, which I'm pretty sure you have to be if you are a FOP member.

Roger
    Probably, but the rest of us have associate memberships because we are not LE in any way, shape, or form. I just wanted to illustrate that this whole Costo-no-firearms thing is a dumb idea. Really dumb. As in BJs-will-get-my-money-instead dumb.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

I will not line the pockets of the owners of any busines that tells me not to carry when legally, I can. I hand them one of my cards that informs them that I will spend my money elsewhere, smile, and leave.

My wife and I were shopping for furniture about a month ago. We shopped 8 different stores... actually 6 stores and turned away from 2 others due to signs. We wound up spending a little over $11,000. We made copies of the invoices and attached the above mentioned cards. We took great pleasure in walking into those two stores WITH OUR FIREARMS (signs did not fit the 30.06 requirement) and handed the manager of each the evidence of what their policy cost them.

This is how we get policies changed. Show them the money spent elsewhere!!!
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links