Response from my representative. . .if you're interested. - Page 2

Response from my representative. . .if you're interested.

This is a discussion on Response from my representative. . .if you're interested. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You might as well vote for Schumer or Pelosi should you ever vote for him..............at LEAST he was up front about it, but SCREW HIM!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Response from my representative. . .if you're interested.

You might as well vote for Schumer or Pelosi should you ever vote for him..............at LEAST he was up front about it, but SCREW HIM!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    What do you expect from a democrat?
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    what do you expect from a democrat?
    nothing !!!!!
    NRA life member.

"Speaking out of both holes, as usual."

+1

bosco

I got a reply from my Congresswoman telling me she understood and supported my gun rights and did not support this amendment to allow guns in National parks. I wrote back saying obviously she did not understand. How could she possibly understand and then vote to deny the right to self protection to citizens who legally own firearms and are licensed to carry them. Did the risk of criminal attack or attack by wild animals end simply because one was within a park? Is she not aware of prior criminal and wild animal attacks on park visitors? Her failing to support the right to carry my gun in a national park helps make it more unsafe for me to go to the park, as it was now clear to criminals their victims within the park would be defenseless. Thankfully, others within the Congress and Senate do understand and passed this legislation. I'll be watching your vote on future gun rights issues.

I hate being a single issue voter but the 2nd amendment is just that important to me. Thankfully, my state and national reps and senators are all fervent 2nd amendment supporters. And they all know exactly where I stand through numerous emails and letters. I used to have one of the Texas nightmares for a US Rep in Sheila Jackson Lee. I am SOOOO glad I moved out of her district as that woman is worse than an absolute zero. Now I have Culberson and he is staunch 2nd amendment which suits me just fine.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

While I believe that law-abiding adults and non felons, should have the ability to own firearms for hunting, target shooting, recreational purposes, and self-protection, I am also concerned about protecting the safety of visitors to our magnificent national parks so that they may remain safe and accessible for all to enjoy.
    I'm so tired of hearing this misguided argument. Since when did legally carrying a firearm for law-abiding purposes decrease the safety of visitors anywhere? Why are these two things always thrown together as competing issues. They should be considered complementary. The statement should read: "I believe that law-abiding adults should be able to carry in order to protect the safety of visitors ... so that they may remain safe for all to enjoy."

If one is going to make an argument that legally carrying a firearm might decrease the safety of others, at least cite some examples of when this has happened in the past. Don't just spew "it could happen" scenarios. Of course it could happen. A lot of stuff could happen. We've been legally carrying firearms all over the place for many many years, but "it" doesn't happen. On the contrary, there's a plethora of documented incidents where a legally carried firearm has served to protect the safety of others.

It's the same with carrying in an alcohol-serving restaurant. With TN now on board, there are 38 states that allow carrying concealed firearms in places that serve alcohol, yet the same tired arguments about having guns where people are drinking continues to plague the states that are trying to pass such laws for themselves. What is conspicuously absent from these arguments is reference to even a single incident from any of the other states where it is legal. I wonder why that is...

Our representatives need to be challenged to back up these arguments with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Make no mistake, he'd vote to take ALL your guns so that he can keep you and all other citizens 'safe everywhere', not just in National Parks...
    Exactly.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Living in Sheila Jackson Lee's district is a continuing embarrassment for me. I vote against her every chance I get, but the damn woman keeps getting reelected!!

Quote Originally Posted by NativH View Post
    I hate being a single issue voter but the 2nd amendment is just that important to me. Thankfully, my state and national reps and senators are all fervent 2nd amendment supporters. And they all know exactly where I stand through numerous emails and letters. I used to have one of the Texas nightmares for a US Rep in Sheila Jackson Lee. I am SOOOO glad I moved out of her district as that woman is worse than an absolute zero. Now I have Culberson and he is staunch 2nd amendment which suits me just fine.

[sarcasm]Way to go, Jay![/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by NCRonB View Post
    I'm so tired of hearing this misguided argument. Since when did legally carrying a firearm for law-abiding purposes decrease the safety of visitors anywhere? Why are these two things always thrown together as competing issues. They should be considered complementary. The statement should read: "I believe that law-abiding adults should be able to carry in order to protect the safety of visitors ... so that they may remain safe for all to enjoy."

+1
    this is another that needs to be voted out.
    his double speak was not double enough. he does not suport gun rights.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Quote Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
    Living in Sheila Jackson Lee's district is a continuing embarrassment for me. I vote against her every chance I get, but the damn woman keeps getting reelected!!
    I feel for you. Everyone in my old neighborhood (Lazybrook) voted in a block to try to get that camera hound bounced from Congress but I think you know who out voted us. What a moron, elected by other morons! My wife and I hated being in her district and still laugh our posterior ends off the minute we see that single digit IQ of hers displaying on the boob toob. Whenever there is a camera present, you can see her sliding around in the background to get into the shot. What a dweeb.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riccur View Post
    Speaking out of both holes, as usual.
    Exactly. Vote his butt out and tell everyone you know to do the same and why.

My rep (David Wu, D-OR) is a gun-grabber. Won't support a damned thing, if it involves bullets. Doesn't seem to matter, with him, that he's harming the ability of people to defend themselves against crime. Sad, when so many are morally bereft they cannot distinguish between good and evil.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; June 11th, 2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: spellin'
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by be44321 View Post
    This is the response I got from my representative regarding my request that he support my right to carry legally in National Parks:

I am also concerned about protecting the safety of visitors to our magnificent national parks so that they may remain safe and accessible for all to enjoy.

Very truly yours,

JAY INSLEE
    Member of Congress
    This is the part that gets me every time.
    Why does he feel the need to protect visitors from folk who have undergone a complete background check and been cleared to carry by the FBI?
    This is what I asked a Jareds manager when he told me that his 30.06 sign was to protect customers and employees. CHL holders are exactly the type of folk I WANT in my store! They don't steal! You don't know about the next guy, do you? Libtards

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links