Response from my representative. . .if you're interested.

This is a discussion on Response from my representative. . .if you're interested. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is the response I got from my representative regarding my request that he support my right to carry legally in National Parks: Dear Mr. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Response from my representative. . .if you're interested.

Response from my representative. . .if you're interested.

This is the response I got from my representative regarding my request that he support my right to carry legally in National Parks:

Dear Mr. :

Thank you for contacting my office regarding a provision included in the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 to allow loaded guns in national parks. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, I am a co-sponsor of the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 (H.R. 627) which was signed into law on May 22, 2009 by President Obama. The underlying bill implements a series of regulations to protect consumers from credit card abuses. This bill prevents arbitrary and unfair rate increases and bans exorbitant and unnecessary fees, including fees charged just for paying your bill. It prohibits credit card companies from charging interest on debt that is paid on time, a practice known as double-cycle billing. It also requires card companies to disclose their policies clearly and openly to cardholders, and to notify them when those policies have changed.

As you mentioned, Senator Tom Coburn successfully amended H.R. 627 with a provision that would allow people to carry firearms in national parks and wildlife refuges. This overrides the recent decision by a U.S. District Court which blocked a rule put into effect by the Bush Administration that allowed concealed, loaded weapons in our National Parks. After Senator Coburn's amendment was attached to H.R. 627, the bill was sent back to the House to concur on the Senate amendments. The Coburn amendment was voted on as a separate measure and passed without my support by a vote of 279 - 147. The effective date for the Act is nine months from the day President Obama signed the bill into law. As you know, this issue has been somewhat contentious in the new Administration. While I believe that law-abiding adults and non felons, should have the ability to own firearms for hunting, target shooting, recreational purposes, and self-protection, I am also concerned about protecting the safety of visitors to our magnificent national parks so that they may remain safe and accessible for all to enjoy. My goals during future gun safety debates will be to preserve our Second Amendment rights while keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals and untrained children.

Very truly yours,

JAY INSLEE
    Member of Congress

2. Remove Ads

So he wants us to be able to defend ourselves but not in national parks?
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

OK, then you know here he stands, and now you know how to vote. Just make sure you show that letter to as many gun owners as possible, so they know how to vote as well......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Speaking out of both holes, as usual.
    Proofread before you post!!! A reminder to me.

Guess ya cannot ask for better then that from a congress personal... They never want to commit to anything,.. Vote them all out, and let's get Chuck Norris for President, and then we can start voting in from there..

VIP Member
    Obviously he was saying as delicately as possible......I DON'T AGREE WITH THIS, AND YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO CARRY IN THESE (OR ANY OTHER) PLACES.

At least that's what I got out of it.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Fence rider. He wants to say things to appease both sides of the issue while not taking a stance one way or the other.

At least the one's who attached the provision to carry on that bill have some good sense.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Typical of left leaning politicians trying to not upset 2A supporters all the while still trying to erode 2A in general. You should know how to vote next time up
    2A is not negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by Riccur View Post
    Speaking out of both holes, as usual.

Roger that, but what do you expect? He is a politician
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

Make no mistake, he'd vote to take ALL your guns so that he can keep you and all other citizens 'safe everywhere', not just in National Parks...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would write him back and ask him "which is it"? and what difference does geography have to do with law abiding citizens carring a self defense pistol?

If he could to it tomorrow, your right to carry would vanish.

Why did he bother to post here, except for his infomercial on how he helped credit card holders but not concealed carry permit holders.

What a goofy post from a member of congress.
    Glock 33 .357 SIG plus .40 S&W barrel for most of practice. Keep loaded with .357 SIG hollow point for home protection.

RugerLCP .380 equipped with Crimson Trace for everyday carry.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

Well he made it clear where he really stands didn't he? Keep that letter and make it public when he runs for re election.
    NRA life member.

You will show him you mean business when the next election rolls around and you don't vote for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links