DOH!!

DOH!!

This is a discussion on DOH!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Guns are not allowed at my work. I don't let anyone know I have a CHL. On Tuesday I went to the range during lunch. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DOH!!

DOH!!

Guns are not allowed at my work. I don't let anyone know I have a CHL. On Tuesday I went to the range during lunch. After lunch I was standing in the main office and something caught my eye on the floor...........DOH! It was an empty shell casing. Evidently the brass got stuck in the cuff of my pants and fell out on the floor. I picked it up right away and scooted!
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Ha Ha HA HA... That is funny stuff there,. Good thing it was your eye's that saw it,. Think about what the boss would have said if he had found it first,. HEY!!!!... Who is shooting ... in here??? Good stuff there..

VIP Member
    I'll bet when you first saw it laying there it looked as big as a 50BMG, glad no one else saw it.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    That right there is funny!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Glad you picked up the casing, if found by the it might have closed down the company while they investigated.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I get .22lr brass stuck in my winter boots all the time. It just happens to be the perfect size. I am always finding it the oddest places... i try to check when leaving now.

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Too funny! Good thing you found it before there was a crisis of epic proportions!

Thats funny! I cant say that has ever happened to me, GOD I hope it never will!!

DOH!

Quote Originally Posted by BruceGibson View Post
    Too funny! Good thing you found it before there was a crisis of epic proportions!
    Oh, yes it would have been a major disaster. Lot's of inquisitions by all the bosses, then a huddle, then the wait, then the ruling.........
    Glad I averted all that crap!
    Weapons list suppressed...........

Quote Originally Posted by toaster View Post
    Guns are not allowed at my work. I don't let anyone know I have a CHL. On Tuesday I went to the range during lunch. After lunch I was standing in the main office and something caught my eye on the floor...........DOH! It was an empty shell casing. Evidently the brass got stuck in the cuff of my pants and fell out on the floor. I picked it up right away and scooted!

Good thing you didn't have to cross the border and have them find the empty shell casing

Same thing happened to me earlier this year. I about had a coronary!

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    You could have shut down an airport.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Seriously... and that would NOT have been funny at all!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Well, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I had that happen to me. I didn't shut down the airport, but when they found a cartridge in my work briefcase as I was going through Security (it fell in there when I was cleaning my CC weapon at home in my office ... I wondered why there were only six bullets for the mag and not seven when I put it back together), I had to stand there for 15 minutes, with the line shut down, while they went and fetched a VA State Police. They eventually let me go (but kept the bullet). Wonder if I'm on any lists now?

About two months after 9/11, I was about to go through airport security when I found a few live 30-06 cartridges in my jacket pocket from a trip to the range a few days before hand - this in the days when the National Guard had been activiated and were tromping around airports with M-16 slung over their shoulders.

Afraid to throw it in the trash (in case someone saw it and freaked out - which had happened at a couple airports already) I went up to the nearest NG and asked for the officer of the guard. Upon arrival, I turned the rounds over to him and explained where they had come from.

Took almost an hour for them to figure out what to do and allow me to go...

Still better than a shut-down airport.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links