Crazy guy on campus

Crazy guy on campus

This is a discussion on Crazy guy on campus within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I get a text about 2 minutes ago saying there's some crazy guy running around the University of South Florida (where I currently am ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crazy guy on campus

So I get a text about 2 minutes ago saying there's some crazy guy running around the University of South Florida (where I currently am sitting) with a gun. No further details.

Man, sure am glad my class mates are safe, what with me being unarmed and all...
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Time to leave the campus till you get some more details.
    There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

VIP Member
    I hope nothing bad comes out of it. Stay safe and keep your head down.

I would be talking to the admin as soon as possible about CC on campus. Also writing to my senators and reps.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

No updates yet. He's running around greek village last I heard. I don't think admin can do anything...it's in our state statutes..... :(

Will be emailing our Gov.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I hope nothing bad comes out of it. Stay safe and keep your head down.

I would be talking to the admin as soon as possible about CC on campus. Also writing to my senators and reps.
    Head down?
    Nope head up, eyes open and stay aware of what is going on around you. Definately a good time for heightened SA.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    National news has not picked up on anything yet. Here is the campus alert:

Tampa campus - Police Activity Alert - USF News - University Communications & Marketing

Tampa campus - Police Activity Alert
    Email article to a friendPrint Article

Alert USF Tampa campus – police responding to report of a man with a gun on the North East side of campus near the Greek Village. Avoid area. Will provide updates as we receive additional information.

Just an update guys. I am safe and off campus. The university police have yet to issue any updates - just the original alert. Thanks for all the concern...I'll let you know if I hear anything.

UP issuing alerts....NOPE.

ABC has picked up on it though
    -----------------------------------
    TAMPA, FL -- The University of South Florida has issued a text message warning students to stay away from the northeast side of campus.

The alert was issued after police received several reports that there was an armed man on campus.

Kylie Blahut, who was one of the people who reported the man to police, said the gunman was "walking casually with the gun by his side" in the area of the Greek Village.

The man has been described as a white male, 18-20 years old. He is wearing a "Go Greek" t-shirt and blue jeans.

Police have not have not located the man yet.

Stay with ABC Action News for the latest.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Head down?
    Nope head up, eyes open and stay aware of what is going on around you. Definately a good time for heightened SA.
    I agree with Rugergirl, it was meant as a friendly warning, I guess not actual advice.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

sigmanluke....I got your meaning, and thanks for the concern.

I'll let you guys know if they ever figure anything out

A buddy of mine goes there. I hope he didn't go on campus forgetting that he was carrying and get made.

Don't forget that "man with a gun" calls don't always mean that there is a psycho with a gun ready to use it.

I got my degree from USF. As far as I can tell no actual real crime was even committed. Carrying a gun on campus is against the law, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

After an "extensive" search they have called off and say everything is back to normal. They say he was walking around carrying it - and while i COMPLETELY disagree with the law, if you do not follow it, you are by definition....a criminal.

Please be careful while you are there,I hope your are allowed to be armed?
    +1000 on SA

glad everything turned out ok. im a university student in SC and we are allowed to have a weapon in a locked car as of last week if you have a valid CCW permit.

Quote Originally Posted by smotta View Post
    UP issuing alerts....NOPE.

ABC has picked up on it though
    -----------------------------------
    TAMPA, FL -- The University of South Florida has issued a text message warning students to stay away from the northeast side of campus.

The alert was issued after police received several reports that there was an armed man on campus.

Kylie Blahut, who was one of the people who reported the man to police, said the gunman was "walking casually with the gun by his side" in the area of the Greek Village.

The man has been described as a white male, 18-20 years old. He is wearing a "Go Greek" t-shirt and blue jeans.

Police have not have not located the man yet.

Stay with ABC Action News for the latest.
    Brilliant, have the students run to the Southwest side of the campus, probably where the 'crazied gunman' went...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links