Which permit would you use?

This is a discussion on Which permit would you use? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As an example... lets say you have both a resident permit and a non resident permit. In my case I have a resident PA and ...

Thread: Which permit would you use?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Which permit would you use?

As an example... lets say you have both a resident permit and a non resident permit.

In my case I have a resident PA and a non-resident NH permit. Lets say I was in NH and was stopped for whatever reason, and I was required to produce my CCL. NH honors a PA permit and I could produce that and be legal, but I also have a non-resident NH permit.

Which of the two (which are both valid) would you produce and why?

2. Remove Ads

I would produce the state license that matches my residence, first, as reflected on my DL.

Why, just seems to me that is the primary permit and the NH would be secondary although you are in that state.

Another question would be: How well do you understand the NH carry law?

My reason for presentataion of the primary permit is that the officer is most likely going to ask for it anyway when he determines your Non-Resident NH permit is based on another permit. Save him the hassle of having to ask.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Present both.

Charles

Both

The permit (if appropriate) for the state in which you reside...fewer questions IMHO.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Both - I believe the officer is less likely to waste his time validating permits when he sees you have multiple ones and will only get me back on the road faster. JMO
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Always up to the LEO stopping u.

I have a permit for AR which includes multiple states plus a statewide CT permit (there is a difference between statewide and township) but no reciprocity from CT to anywhere.

Point is I was pulled over at AR and opened my wallet and officer saw my CT permit and honored it before I could even show the trooper AR permit.

Reciprocity is politically correct because 'training' equivalent for that state. In reality training varies widely.

What is needed is for less govt intereference.
    Glock 33 .357 SIG plus .40 S&W barrel for most of practice. Keep loaded with .357 SIG hollow point for home protection.

RugerLCP .380 equipped with Crimson Trace for everyday carry.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BillArkansas View Post
    Always up to the LEO stopping u.

I have a permit for AR which includes multiple states plus a statewide CT permit (there is a difference between statewide and township) but no reciprocity from CT to anywhere.

Point is I was pulled over at AR and opened my wallet and officer saw my CT permit and honored it before I could even show the trooper AR permit.

Reciprocity is politically correct because 'training' equivalent for that state. In reality training varies widely.

What is needed is for less govt intereference.
    There is no such thing (any longer) as CT township permit. It is a temporary state permit and is only valid for 60 days. One must take the temp to the state police and be issued the regular five-year permit. Even when the temp was called a "town permit" is was still only good for the 60 days allowed to apply for the five-year permit.

Links