Does this make you decide?

This is a discussion on Does this make you decide? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would say that most probably the leo,s will take your gun in a incident that occurs when you shoot someone in self defense. Knowing ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I would say that most probably the leo,s will take your gun in a incident that occurs when you shoot someone in self defense. Knowing this, does this make you decide what kind of gun you should buy in the first place. {Cheap or moderately priced}
    Nothing remains the same!

No. I value reliability far more than price or the possibility of confiscation. If I believe I need to spend more for a reliable gun, I will. I won't let the slim chance of confiscation alter what I buy.

Bottom line: I want a gun that works when I need it. Everything else is secondary.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    No. I value reliability far more than price or the possibility of confiscation. If I believe I need to spend more for a reliable gun, I will. I won't let the slim chance of confiscation alter what I buy.

Bottom line: I want a gun that works when I need it. Everything else is secondary.
    Yup. That sums it up. May as well close this one now!
    "Don't Tread on Me"

VIP Member
    I agree with "grady's" response. Cost value has NO bearing on survival. I buy what I like and I'll deal with the other stuff when and if it ever really happens.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I carry moderately priced pistols, but not because of a threat of confiscation. I chose these pistols because they best filled my needs, and was just lucky that they were not top dollar guns.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Well, I have a Glock. They are cheap enough. If you actually shoot someone, having a firearm confiscated is the least of your problems.

I would not carry my grandpa's gold plated, collector's, unfired, officer's 1911, which was a gift from McArthur for fluffing his pillows every night before he went to bed... you know what I mean.

Distinguished Member
    Yes, somewhat.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

VIP Member
    Well I wouldnt carry an antique. You dont have to spend a thousand dollars to get a good reliable gun. I ceratinly wouldnt carry a cheap gun when my life depends on it. If your gun is confiscated and you are found to be justified in your actions, it will be returned to you anyway.
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

I carry a Glock. Nothing more reliable than a Glock. It is middle of the price range. So if I am without it for a few weeks or months until the smoke clears, I can just pick up another. I agree with other posters, don't carry a priceless gun - and this is for many reasons. But losing your weapon for a period should be the last thing on your mind at that point.

Price and worry of post incident confiscation is not an issue.

Reliability at time of need is most important.
    Glock 33 .357 SIG plus .40 S&W barrel for most of practice. Keep loaded with .357 SIG hollow point for home protection.

RugerLCP .380 equipped with Crimson Trace for everyday carry.

http://www.christinacooks.com/

Not really a concern for me, and that's why I have 3 .45's and several 9mm's...

I want quality deciding if I'm going home alive (as long as I've done everything else correctly that is...).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm a LEO, if I shoot someone I will lose my weapon for however long the investigation takes. That does not deter me from carrying quality guns. My duty weapon is a Beretta, my BUG/off duty is a custom 9mm j-frame. I trust them both explicity, and carry them without regard for anything but how they will serve me should the need arise.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I'm with Grady. I value reliability and handling more than the cost of the gun. All my guns are working guns.

Regards,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    That's why it's good to have multiple firearms.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    For this reason, I have two identical guns...both G26s with the same NY1+3.5# trigger mod. I use one for practice and one for carry (so I don't have to clean the practice one after every range trip). If I lost the carry one, I'd just switch to the practice one.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links