FL Non-Res CCW Holder Here.

This is a discussion on FL Non-Res CCW Holder Here. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got my VA Non-Res back in March (took 2 weeks), now my FL Non-Res arrived today. Still living behind the iron curtain of NJ , ...

Thread: FL Non-Res CCW Holder Here.

Got my VA Non-Res back in March (took 2 weeks), now my FL Non-Res arrived today.

Still living behind the iron curtain of NJ , but loving the ability to ccw outside the state.

You know the hardest part of living in a shall not issue state and having non-res permits is deciphering the legaleze of the reciprocity laws. Especially the parts that refer to reciprocity in states where the permit holder has a CCW permit from his residing state. the Non-res part kinda throws the confusion wrench into the mix.

My FL Permit came with a letter listing the 33 states that acknowledge the permit, but the little footnotes make it sound like I might not be able to carry in some states due to the non-res technicality.

Does the K.I.S.S. rule say that since I have a FL Non-Res CCW permit, I can carry CCW in any of the 33 reciprocity states that are listed in the letter?

The K.I.S.S. rule as you have defined it will likely land you in jail.

No, all states don't recognize the FL CWFL unless you are a resident of FL. handgunlaw.us is your best bet to sort it out.

Sorry. Still better than what NJ offers, but not quite the free ride you were hoping for.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Yikes.

So, move to PA...

MUCH more gun-friendly, but NJ doesn't allow you to carry there, even if you have a PA CCW. NJ is slowly turning into East Germany, I think.
    Guns don't kill people.
    Gaping wounds in vital organs do.
    ============
    NRA Life Member
    Colt M1911A1 / H&K USP45

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Missouri did the right thing. We recognize ALL permits whether the issuing entity has reciprocity with us or not. It's nice when issuing states return the courtesy, which most do. It's also nice for those traveling through Missouri from a state that may not recognize Missouri's permit.
    NRA Life Member

Look here...
    The top map shows the 6 states (in blue) that DO NOT honor your permit unless you are a resident of your permit's state.
    The two grey states actually belong to Russia.

Carry Concealed
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

That Pack-n-Go Tool is the BEST and answers any questions about travelling with whatever permit(s) you have.

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner

Thanks!

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Look here...
    The top map shows the 6 states (in blue) that DO NOT honor your permit unless you are a resident of your permit's state.
    The two grey states actually belong to Russia.

Carry Concealed
    I checked that site out, but I'm not so sure about it...it claims Delaware honors my Virginia permit, even though it doesn't.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by jlopez View Post
    That Pack-n-Go Tool is the BEST and answers any questions about travelling with whatever permit(s) you have.

Pack-N-Go Carry Concealed Trip Planner

Thanks!
    It's a good reference tool but you should still check to make sure that it's legal to carry in the states you plan to visit.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by GWRedDragon View Post
    I checked that site out, but I'm not so sure about it...it claims Delaware honors my Virginia permit, even though it doesn't.
    I wouldn't use it for law school, but it is pretty accurate...if something in in error...email a quick note to the site...they'll fix it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links