I don't care if you have a CHL

This is a discussion on I don't care if you have a CHL within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the Social Security Administration. At the entrance was this sign. Note the orange words that state License to carry a concealed firearm ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I went to the Social Security Administration. At the entrance was this sign. Note the orange words that state

License to carry a concealed firearm issued under state law is not an exception to this federal prohibition.

Considering the clientele in the waiting room, I truly wished I had my firearm.
    Attached Images
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Since it's a Federal office, I believe that it would be illegal to carry there even without the sign. Otherwise, the signs by themselves here mean nothing. I just blow off signs, but I won't carry where it's against the law.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    We've got the same thing up here at our local SS office.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

I FOR ONE AM GLAD TO SEE THEY PUT THE NO WEAPONS SIGN ON THE DOOR.THAT MEANS MY FEDERAL BULD, IS ASSURED TO BE FREE OF ANY CRIMINALS THAT MAY TRY TO TAKE GUNS INSIDE.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; June 17th, 2009 at 01:24 PM. Reason: It's not necessary to shout!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

s.s. no carry signs

been there before a few times. kinda reminds me of the greyhound bus station in downtown detroit.. seems like all the places you wish you
    could carry, you can't. (atleast not legally) unemployment offices
    are'nt much better ethier.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

The Social Security office in Bellevue is locked and guarded by 2 armed security guards. You have to speak to them through intercom to let you in. Then you have to pass through a metal detector and empty your pockets etc.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Well at least you don't have to worry about the IQ of the government any more.........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    The Social Security office in Bellevue is locked and guarded by 2 armed security guards. You have to speak to them through intercom to let you in. Then you have to pass through a metal detector and empty your pockets etc.

uuuum, lets see?

people apply for Social Security......check

people denied Social Security(usually with out cause)..........check

people VERY ANGRY they were denied Social Security........ya, I could see where they would not want ANYONE in the building with a weapon.

all I'm saying is, SS offices hand out or deny money to people that either feel they are owed or deserve a monthly income from the government and when they don't get that money they become frustrated and very angry. I would just as soon not be there when someone looses there cool.

I have dealt with workman's Comp board, and the frustration level can go very high, very quickly. These Government agencies have learned from experience, NO WEAPONS ALLOWED.

in this case I have no problem with that.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    uuuum, lets see?

people apply for Social Security......check

people denied Social Security(usually with out cause)..........check

people VERY ANGRY they were denied Social Security........ya, I could see where they would not want ANYONE in the building with a weapon.

all I'm saying is, SS offices hand out or deny money to people that either feel they are owed or deserve a monthly income from the government and when they don't get that money they become frustrated and very angry. I would just as soon not be there when someone looses there cool.

I have dealt with workman's Comp board, and the frustration level can go very high, very quickly. These Government agencies have learned from experience, NO WEAPONS ALLOWED.

in this case I have no problem with that.
    Learned what? That criminals will have guns on their person regardless of the law anyway? That people with permits would most likely NOT harm others? That unarmed and defenseless, lawful individuals are the only one who obey the laws and are therefore subject to the whims and wrongdoings of criminals?
    Your experiences in working with government boards doesn't convince me of anything...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Learned what? That criminals will have guns on their person regardless of the law anyway? That people with permits would most likely NOT harm others? That unarmed and defenseless, lawful individuals are the only one who obey the laws and are therefore subject to the whims and wrongdoings of criminals?
    Your experiences in working with government boards doesn't convince me of anything...
    no problem, what i was trying to say ( and I figure I would catch some flack for) is I have seen "normal people" in these bureaucracies really loose there cool..........

nevrmind? I should have kept my mouth shut
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    Since it's a Federal office, I believe that it would be illegal to carry there even without the sign.
    Actually, federal law requires that you have been given notice of the fact that something is considered a 'federal facility' for the purposes of the no-carry provision.

Quote Originally Posted by 18USC930
    (h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    no problem, what i was trying to say ( and I figure I would catch some flack for) is I have seen "normal people" in these bureaucracies really loose there cool..........

nevrmind? I should have kept my mouth shut
    You're exactly right. Seemingly "normal" people can lose their cool and their actions are unpredictable. With no one else armed, the stage is set for a shooter's actions to go unchallenged.

Randy

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Check yer 1911 and leatherman at the door boys.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

When did a Leatherman become a dangerous weapon??
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

You are beating a dead horse

You can think up all the plausible scenarios you want, but that doesn't change the fact that if you are caught carrying on Federal property, you are likely in for a world of hurt.

Getting one's self worked up over this is bad for the blood pressure.

Personally, I like the addition at the bottom of the sign. It removes ANY ambiguity as to the legality (or illegality, if you prefer) of carrying on that property.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links