No CCW Badges Please!

No CCW Badges Please!

This is a discussion on No CCW Badges Please! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a prime reason these are a bad idea. I know there are many details and no doubt facts missing from this article and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No CCW Badges Please!

No CCW Badges Please!

Here is a prime reason these are a bad idea. I know there are many details and no doubt facts missing from this article and caper that took place in our neighborhood yesterday. But, in my opinion, the badge is what cooked this young mans goose and makes CCW holders appear to be wannabe cops.

Enjoy the reading

Man charged with impersonating officer after Collier deputies say he tried to pull woman over : Crime : Naples Daily News
    Bag Man
    Hobbyist Gunsmith
    www.concealedcarrybags.com
    Concealed Carry Bags
    "We Conceal it, You Carry it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bag Man View Post
    But, in my opinion, the badge is what cooked this young mans goose and makes CCW holders appear to be wannabe cops.
    Some of them are, unfortunately. I am amazed at the folks who want to carry handcuffs.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    Some of them are, unfortunately. I am amazed at the folks who want to carry handcuffs.
    How else do you detain them until a LEO arrives?

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    How else do you detain them until a LEO arrives?
    Double-tap in the middle of the chest? :)

Wow, thats pretty sad. This wanna be cop just lost his privelage and made all of us look bad. It's amazing how people with a little bit of power on there side will abuse it. It is a privelage and a very responsible act to conceal carry. This guy makes me sick!!!

Senior Moderator
    But, in my opinion, the badge is what cooked this young mans goose and makes CCW holders appear to be wannabe cops.
    I dont see the connection here. I dont think it makes CCW holders appear to be wannabe cops. I think THIS guy is a wannabe cop and that fact that he had a CCW that he used under false pretenses will get him a hefty fine and maybe jail time.

It does not make CCW holders appear to be wannabe cops. That's a pretty broad statement there and one that is in error.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I would hope the very thought of being shot would be reason enough for a BG to stay put, however, the permit doesn't give us arrest powers, therefore would forcing someone to remain at gunpoint be considered over stepping boundaries? Don't flame me for this, just was wondering. Do we have the right to detain, and if so , does this vary from state to state?

Jack

i have to say, that he was a wana be........ who in their right mind, would do something that stupid, there was no threat to him......
    he deserves what he gets.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Adamcop84 View Post
    ... It is a privelage and a very responsible ...
    It's not a privilege, privileges are things you're given by the grace of your almighty leaders, protecting oneself and loved ones is an in-alienable right!, it's a right. However, I do agree these butt-clowns do make us all look like a band of blood thirsty redneck right wing...........
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I dont see the connection here. I dont think it makes CCW holders appear to be wannabe cops. I think THIS guy is a wannabe cop and that fact that he had a CCW that he used under false pretenses will get him a hefty fine and maybe jail time.

It does not make CCW holders appear to be wannabe cops. That's a pretty broad statement there and one that is in error.
    Exactly, although this is why I also wouldn’t volunteer my CCW permit to an officer unless required. I don’t want a LEO to associate my permit with any perceived authority.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Pretty pathetic story. Note to Self: let the people who run red lights go!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

VIP Member
    It would have been perfect if she flashed a REAL badge back at him and told him to pull over!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Thumbs down

There is enough want to be cops out there who do not have a CCW permit. The badge is a bad idea especially when you get someone who likes to flash it around. or show off. There is bound to be a nut case slip through once in a while. Even the police get a bad one once in a while. Thank God that the woman did not pull over. With the inventory this guy is carrying he has to be a little off.

Worrell will lose his permit as a result of his arrest.

CCW badges are a road to problems. No valid reason to display or flash. What's up with that?

I believe your average LEO will not be impressed with the CCW badge and will react negatively 9X out of 10. Bad idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links