Think I was made

Think I was made

This is a discussion on Think I was made within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day at Costco with the kids I passed an older gentleman (with his wife) in the aisle while shopping. He gave me a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Think I was made

Think I was made

The other day at Costco with the kids I passed an older gentleman (with his wife) in the aisle while shopping. He gave me a long hard look. What one might call a "cop look" He had short haircut and was wearing a golf shirt with the initials FPYC, which stands for "Fairfax Police Youth Club". He was definately LEO or retired.

Later at the check out line he came in behind me. At one point circling around his cart, and bumping me with his hand at waist level in back, which is not where I carry. I carry IWB @ 2:30.

I was tempted to ask "Excuse me is there a problem? Am I printing?" But I held my tongue.

My curiosity is that if I was printing why did he check the back? Unless it was my appearance. Short hair, khaki (non-cargo) pants, black golf shirt, and I was wearing a baseball cap that said "Roswell" on the front, which has nothing to do with guns, but is black.

So what do you think, was I made?

Did you check for your wallet?

I don't like being touched and my look would have told him so......Depending upon the situation, I may or may not have said something. I may have asked him to be careful because he just bumped my kidney pump.

Were you made?
    Who cares?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    .....um......
    .................you got hit on.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I agree with Ret - who cares? Don't lose any sleep over it. If it happened with a coworker in the same office then maybe I'd stress it a little more.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    .....um......
    .................you got hit on.
    I don't think so. This really seemed like a check bump. And his wife (assumed) was with him.

Plus I am hardly the looker. 45 yo fat bald guy with two kids in tow.

But... Anything is possible in todays world.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Was it the small of your back just above your backside, and was a light brush going from one side to the other?

Because I've had it happen to me with the I know guys wife right next to him, its for those in the closet, or trying to be discreet.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Touch was sideways across from 6:00 to about 3:30 right at belt level. Right where a lot of guys carry. I find 2:00 - 2:30 far more comfortable and concealable. With my hands crossed in front my forearm completely hides even if I'm not wearing a top shirt.

It is possible it was a flirt I suppose. But it was an awfully serious stare in the aisle as we passed earlier.

But who knows. I've just never been made before even by family.

Not a big deal really. I wasn't in violation of anything.

Obviously the contact was intentional & if he did that to me, he would have felt my EDC at which point I would have looked at him & asked "What's your problem?" Possible LEO or not.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

I dont like people getting close to me. Im not going to break out the AR on anybody that gets within 21 feet of me but if i standing somewhere and you get close enough to touch me somethings wrong. We have to go through metal detectors at work and get wanded. There is this one guy that always gets right up close and personal. Dude back up! Your in my space!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    The other day at Costco with the kids I passed an older gentleman (with his wife) in the aisle while shopping. He gave me a long hard look. What one might call a "cop look" He had short haircut and was wearing a golf shirt with the initials FPYC, which stands for "Fairfax Police Youth Club". He was definately LEO or retired.

Later at the check out line he came in behind me. At one point circling around his cart, and bumping me with his hand at waist level in back, which is not where I carry. I carry IWB @ 2:30.

I was tempted to ask "Excuse me is there a problem? Am I printing?" But I held my tongue.

My curiosity is that if I was printing why did he check the back? Unless it was my appearance. Short hair, khaki (non-cargo) pants, black golf shirt, and I was wearing a baseball cap that said "Roswell" on the front, which has nothing to do with guns, but is black.

So what do you think, was I made?
    I think there is a real misunderstanding about what concealed carry law states and what it does not. There is nothing in the law of any of the 35 states I am able to carry in that says a revolver or pistol must be completely concealed. As I have written before, my cell phone prints more than what I normally carry.

The concept of concealed carry is that it is covert and a tactical weapon should you be attracted. Many take this to extremes and Carry a pocket pistol in the summer and a larger gun in the winter under a jacket. This is really not necessary unless you want to completely conceal the weapon. Yes, I am endorced to carry in Virginia.

With or without a sign on the door of a store that may prohibit firearms, If you are carrying in a store and someone reports to a manager that this guy is carrying, the manager has the right to ask you to leave, that is it. If you resist, he can call the law to have you removed. It does not mean you are breaking any law or that you can be arrested unless you resist the store manager's request for you to peacefully leave.

This is a good subject and should be discussed in more detail.

SiG
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

VIP Member
    That's called a "bump frisk".
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
    That's called a "bump frisk".
    that is called a "bump on the head".
    would not be happy about a frisk of any kind.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    that is called a "bump on the head".
    would not be happy about a frisk of any kind.
    +1! on that!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    I think there is a real misunderstanding about what concealed carry law states and what it does not. There is nothing in the law of any of the 35 states I am able to carry in that says a revolver or pistol must be completely concealed. As I have written before, my cell phone prints more than what I normally carry.

The concept of concealed carry is that it is covert and a tactical weapon should you be attracted. Many take this to extremes and Carry a pocket pistol in the summer and a larger gun in the winter under a jacket. This is really not necessary unless you want to completely conceal the weapon. Yes, I am endorced to carry in Virginia.

With or without a sign on the door of a store that may prohibit firearms, If you are carrying in a store and someone reports to a manager that this guy is carrying, the manager has the right to ask you to leave, that is it. If you resist, he can call the law to have you removed. It does not mean you are breaking any law or that you can be arrested unless you resist the store manager's request for you to peacefully leave.

This is a good subject and should be discussed in more detail.

SiG
    This is a really good post and has given me pause for thought. I would also be interested in seeing it discussed more. For example, if I was carrying IWB, OWB or shoulder rig with an untucked shirt or jacket covering the weapon and someone caught a glimpse of my firearm (or a part of it)...am I violating any statutes?

I have thought about this while grocery shopping. Sometimes we may have to reach up for something we want to buy, or the wind may blow our jacket or shirt up momentarily exposing all or part of our firearm depending how we carry. Am I now at risk of losing my carry license if the police are contacted? I wish I had thought to ask about this when I took my KS CCH class. I realize that carrying a smaller firearm such as a KAHR makes for better concealment, but layoff/finances won't allow me to buy a smaller firearm for awhile.

I don't know the laws of Kansas.

In Virginia concealed carry is by permit. Open carry is available to anyone as long as you are legal to own. Exposing of a concealed gun is not illegal, unless it is done with intent to intimidate, then it can be a form of brandishing.

I understand in Texas printing is illegal.

Laws are different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links