Fingerprint issue - Utah permit

This is a discussion on Fingerprint issue - Utah permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today in the mail I received a letter from the Utah BCI with a blank fingerprint card. The letter said that the quaility of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fingerprint issue - Utah permit

Fingerprint issue - Utah permit

Today in the mail I received a letter from the Utah BCI with a blank fingerprint card. The letter said that the quaility of the characteristics were too low to be used and that I had to have them re-done and if I didn't send a new set my permit would be "in danger of being SUSPENDED." I've had my Utah permit for over 2 months. Is this normal? I don't have a probem with having them re-done other then the time and money but my question is why would they issue a permit if prints were bad to begin with?
    Luck is not a feeling it's a way of life

2. Remove Ads

Now that's a 'first', and an odd situation. See if you can have them done somewhere on a computer to assure quality and speed. OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Maybe someone spilled their coffee on them.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Sounds like "stay busy" work to me.
    oldogy

Make that "Look busy" work.
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

When the Utah BCI gets aroud to your application, they will process everything and mail you a permit even if the fingerprint results from the FBI are not yet complete.

When you received your permit there should have been a letter with it stating that the investigative process may not be complete, and the permit may be suspended if anything negative comes up.
    Kevin Jensen
    Utah State Researcher,
    www.opencarry.org

I had them done originally on a computer system.
    SGT Jensen, now that you mention it that letter sounds familiar. I will check my file for a copy of it.

It sounds as if you may do some type of work or other activity that is wearing down the ridges on your finger pads. I've had this problem, too. Sometimes if they clean your fingers really well it helps, and if you do woodworking or construction or other hands-on work you may want to wear gloves consistently for a week before having your prints taken.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by C Paul Lincoln View Post
    It sounds as if you may do some type of work or other activity that is wearing down the ridges on your finger pads. I've had this problem, too. Sometimes if they clean your fingers really well it helps, and if you do woodworking or construction or other hands-on work you may want to wear gloves consistently for a week before having your prints taken.

Charles
    Also use a good lotion and drink plenty of water to help hydrate from the inside out.

Quote Originally Posted by xchief1 View Post
    Today in the mail I received a letter from the Utah BCI with a blank fingerprint card. The letter said that the quaility of the characteristics were too low to be used and that I had to have them re-done and if I didn't send a new set my permit would be "in danger of being SUSPENDED." I've had my Utah permit for over 2 months. Is this normal? I don't have a probem with having them re-done other then the time and money but my question is why would they issue a permit if prints were bad to begin with?
    No, this is not normal at all. In fact, this is the first time I have read about something like this.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Jensen View Post
    When the Utah BCI gets aroud to your application, they will process everything and mail you a permit even if the fingerprint results from the FBI are not yet complete.

When you received your permit there should have been a letter with it stating that the investigative process may not be complete, and the permit may be suspended if anything negative comes up.
    I had the same letter when I received mine last month.

The computer prints are only as good as the person who rolls them. The FBI kicks back a few print cards a month to Utah BCI.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

I found the letter that came with my Utah permit. In the first paragraph it says
    " This permit is contingent on a satisfactory criminal history report from the FBI. You will be notified if your fingerprints are rejected or of a revocation if the FBI criminal history report contains information of a disqualifying nature."
    So I guess it happens.

I got my new prints done today and they are in the mail back to Utah's BCI

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpo View Post
    The computer prints are only as good as the person who rolls them. The FBI kicks back a few print cards a month to Utah BCI.
    Does Utah accept Live Scan fingerprints from out of state applicants? I didn't bother to check. When I applied for my nonresident Nevada CFP, the lady who helped me was nice enough to see my Utah application and asked me if I needed an additional card. It was a live scan fingerprinting for the Nevada CFP and they printed a fingerprint card from that scan for the Utah application.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

My prints were scanned.

I've always been inked in the past, but I applied for my Utah non-resident permit in March, and my prints were scanned at Chesapeake Police Headquarters. It was nice not having to deal with solvents and paper towels to remove ink. Three months have gone by and no permit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links