I made the news!

I made the news!

This is a discussion on I made the news! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First Video(about conceal carry) Video You can see me shooting at 1:35. I guess they introduced a bill to AZ Legislature that would remove the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I made the news!

First Video(about conceal carry)

Video

You can see me shooting at 1:35.

I guess they introduced a bill to AZ Legislature that would remove the need for a CCW permit (which I am against.. I think people should have to take one 8 hour class). I would have talked on camera, but I left work early to go shoot my new Kimber
    Phoenix AZ

XDM .40
    Kimber Ultra Carry .45

Kudos!

I think the Kimber had a rightful priority! >:)
    "No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
    -Thomas Jefferson-

VIP Member
    Hmm, I live in Arizona and frankly; I had no idea of these provisions until now. I support gun rights for sure, although I hope the bill isn’t over reaching to the point that it’s defeated. Likewise, I don’t understand why the exclusion of a safety course was proposed.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Dybolic View Post
    First Video(about conceal carry)

Video

You can see me shooting at 1:35.

I guess they introduced a bill to AZ Legislature that would remove the need for a CCW permit (which I am against.. I think people should have to take one 8 hour class). I would have talked on camera, but I left work early to go shoot my new Kimber
    So should you have to take an 8 hour English class to exercise your right to free speech or and 8 hour comparative religion class to exercise your right to freedom of religion ?

ah here we go
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Rights?

-A right is the sovereignty to act without the permission of others. The concept of a right carries with it an implicit, unstated footnote: you may exercise your rights as long as you do not violate the same rights of another—within this context, rights are an absolute.
    -A right is universal—meaning: it applies to all men, not just to a few. There is no such thing as a "right" for one man, or a group of men, that is not possessed by all. This means there are no special "rights" unique to women or men, blacks or white, the elderly or the young, homosexuals or heterosexuals, the rich or the poor, doctors or patients or any other group.
    -A right must be exercised through your own initiative and action. It is not a claim on others. A right is not actualized and implemented by the actions of others. This means you do not have the right to the time in another person’s life. You do not have a right to other people’s money. You do not have the right to another person’s property. If you wish to acquire some money from another person, you must earn it—then you have a right to it. If you wish to gain some benefit from the time of another person’s life, you must gain it through the voluntary cooperation of that individual—not through coercion. If you wish to possess some item of property of another individual, you must buy it on terms acceptable to the owner—not gain it through theft.
    -Alone in a wilderness, the concept of a right would never occur to you, even though in such isolation you have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In this solitude, you would be free to take the actions needed to sustain your life: hunt for food, grow crops, build a shelter and so on. If a hundred new settlers suddenly arrive in your area and establish a community, you do not gain any additional rights by living in such a society nor do you lose any; you simply retain the same rights you possessed when you were alone.
    -A right defines what you may do without the permission of those other men and it erects a moral and legal barrier across which they may not cross. It is your protection against those who attempt to forcibly take some of your life’s time, your money or property.
    -Animals do not have rights. Rights only apply to beings capable of thought, capable of defining rights and creating an organized means—government—of protecting such rights. Thus, a fly or mosquito does not possess rights of any kind, including the right to life. You may swat a fly or mosquito, killing them both. You do not have the right to do the same to another human being, except in self-defense. You may own and raise cows, keep them in captivity and milk them for all they are worth. You do not have the right to do the same to other men, although that is what statists effectively do to you.
    -There is only one, fundamental right, the right to life—which is: the sovereignty to follow your own judgment, without anyone’s permission, about the actions in your life. All other rights are applications of this right to specific contexts, such as property and freedom of speech. -The right to property is the right to take the action needed to create and/or earn the material means needed for living. Once you have earned it, then that particular property is yours—which means: you have the right to control the use and disposal of that property. It may not be taken from you or used by others without your permission.
    -Freedom of speech is the right to say anything you wish, using any medium of communication you can afford. It is not the responsibility of others to pay for some means of expression or to provide you with a platform on which to speak. If a newspaper or television station refuses to allow you to express your views utilizing their property, your right to freedom of speech has not been violated and this is not censorship. Censorship is a concept that only applies to government action, the action of forcibly forbidding and/or punishing the expression of certain ideas.
    -Statists have corrupted the actual meaning of a right and have converted it, in the minds of most, into its opposite: into a claim on the life of another. With the growth of statism, over the past few decades, we have seen an explosion of these "rights"—which, in fact, have gradually eroded your actual right to your life, money and property.
    -Statists declare you have a "right" to housing, to a job, to health care, to an education, to a minimum wage, to preferential treatment if you are a minority and so on. These "rights" are all a claim, a lien, on your life and the lives of others. These "rights" impose a form of involuntary servitude on you and others. These "rights" force you to pay for someone’s housing, their health care, their education, for training for a job—and, it forces others to provide special treatment for certain groups and to pay higher-than-necessary wages.
    -Under statism, "rights" are a means of enslavement: it places a mortgage on your life—and statists are the mortgage holders, on the receiving end of unearned payments forcibly extracted from your life and your earnings. You do not have a right to your life, others do. Others do not have a right to their lives, either, but you have a "right" to theirs. Such a concept of "rights" forcibly hog-ties everyone to everyone else, making everyone a slave to everyone else—except for those masters, statist politicians, who pull the strings and crack the whips.
    -Actual rights—those actions to which you are entitled by your nature as man—give you clear title to your life. A right is your declaration of independence. A statist "right" is their declaration of your dependence on others and other's dependence on you. Until these bogus "rights" are repudiated, your freedom to live your life as you see fit will continue to slowly disappear.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    NRA Range Officer

Everyone is entitle to an opinion, why do we constantly attack when someone voices theirs.

Dybolic, congrats.

not attacking........ expressing my opinion.
    There is much discussion on numerous forums about what rights actually are and how they are granted so therefore who grants them. If they are truly God given then only God can take them away, so why do State & Fed Gov, restrict those rights? See.... theres much ado about this topic and the relevance can go both ways.
    I for one Believe we have the rights that the constitution affords us. But I dont believe they are God given. Unfortunately... govmnt given and govmnt taken away.
    I also believe that proficiency should be shown before a person is allowed to carry.

My .02
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    NRA Range Officer

If everyone is entitled to an opinion then why do you call my opinion an attack.
    He definitley has the right to his opinion but so do I, the difference is if his opinion is followed it infringes on my rights.Do i think it is a good idea to get training and educate yourself on the laws sure I do,but it should not be a requirement.
    Now saying that I live in a state where I had to take a class to get a permit.Heck I don't even like the fact that I need a permit to carry but I do so because the trouble of not getting one and carrying anyway is not worth it.But I can work for and hope to someday eliminate the requirement.

Maybe I should have used the work confrontational instead of attack.

1943 - 2009

This is not a rights discussion thread. Continue down that road and I'll close this faster than a New York minute.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Gun saftey is pretty intuitive, what I learned mostly from the Gun course was the different situations where I can and can not use my gun. It was a real eye opener. So now, I need to get pepper-spay, because in some situations, I could face proscution if I do not use "LIKE FORCE" and what is considerd Physical threat or Deadly Threat.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Aye Aye Captain!
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    NRA Range Officer

1943 - 2009
    An additional thought. Watch the video. It should generate enough on topic comments to keep this thread running for awhile.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

1943 - 2009
    OK, guys, I just deleted three off topic messages. If yours is missing, now you know why.

I'm serious, stay on topic.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links