NO PERMIT REQUIRED!!!!..maybe

This is a discussion on NO PERMIT REQUIRED!!!!..maybe within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dustin's Gun Blog: AZ: Constitutional Carry SB 1270 I don't think it will pass. But the way things have been going. I am not going ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO PERMIT REQUIRED!!!!..maybe

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar

NO PERMIT REQUIRED!!!!..maybe

Dustin's Gun Blog: AZ: Constitutional Carry SB 1270

I don't think it will pass. But the way things have been going. I am not going to be surprised if it does.

The Bill:
    Format Document

2. Remove Ads

There are a few theads that have this site linked. And If passed it would definately be great and perhaps pave the way in a few other states to follow suit. But it brings up a few good questions: "It essentially would remove the current requirement to have a CCW permit when carrying a concealed weapon unless you're a prohibited possessor". If anyone could carry concealled, then how would anyone know you were a prohibited possesor? And how comfortable would you be knowing that there is someone in the crowd that might be carrying, that hasnt taken the time to educate themselves and train with their handgun?
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Flippinstk View Post
    And how comfortable would you be knowing that there is someone in the crowd that might be carrying, that hasnt taken the time to educate themselves and train with their handgun?
    Well, make sure you stay clear or GA, we don't require any training or qualification, just a set of prints and some cash.

On topic though, I think it would be great if it passes. 2A says right to bear arms, not right to bear arms as long as you pass all these tests the government has imposed on you. The criminal record question would be taken care of by getting the background check for buying a handgun.

Flippinstk, I understand where you are coming from, but in most jurisdictions there isn't much needed to get a permit anyway. In my state they just run a background check. No training required. In the adjacent state where I am also licensed you have to take a class, but no shooting is required and the class is a joke. As for knowing if you are a prohibited possesor, when as a civillian are you going to have to know that? If you are a cop you had better be running everyone you come into contact with. As a wise Sgt once said, "In God we trust, everyone else we run through NCIC."
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    So if this bill in AZ passes and becomes law, does that mean AZ will be the 3rd state in the union to not require a permit to carry concealed?
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I'm a little split on the issue. I have an OC mentality in a CC world (and to complicate my feelings I CC because I just don't want the attenton in a legal but OC weary state). In some ways, if OC was more common, deep down, I would not fully trust someone who just CCed. Given the state of politics, I would do away with permit requirements. However I would rather have everyone OC and then require CC permit once in a public building (in therory you would convert from CC to OC if you did not have a permit).

I'm just sharing how I "feel." How I would vote, given the world as it is, it is simple. No permit requirements. Criminals don't care, why punish the law abiding citizen.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I guess I'm a little confused...

What exactly is the training required for criminals to carry guns?

Why does it change for the honest citizen who only wants to protect himself?

Could someone list the problems that 'no permit required' has caused in either VT or AK?

Go AZ...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would feel fine with this. The criminals will carry anyway, regardless of any silly law. It's already illegal for them to possess firearms so instead of restricting us, why not actually inforce the laws that apply to THEM?

To our communist government: "We are not criminals! Stop treating us like criminals!"
    I ain't what I otta be, I ain't what I wanta be, I ain't what I could be,

But thank God, I ain't what I used to be,
    And, Praise God, I ain't what I'm gonna be!

II Cor 3:18

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    A problem would be in the area of reciprocity. Some states require that other state's training be similar to their own. NM is one, and if that passed NM would probably drop reciprocity. Not sure what other states would.

Regards,
    Jerry

With no license, there is no reciprocity. Unless AZ continued to issue licenses, we would be out of luck traveling.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

As for knowing if you are a prohibited possesor, when as a civillian are you going to have to know that?
    Very simple if you can not go into a gun store a legally buy a gun you cannot legally carry a gun

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippinstk View Post
    How comfortable would you be knowing that there is someone in the crowd that might be carrying, that hasn't taken the time to educate themselves and train with their handgun?
    There could always be someone like that present any time, any place.

I would hope that for those of us that have an Arizona CCW, that we would still have reciprocity that come with it. I would assume you would still be able to get one in the future. even though you dont have to have one to conceal.

James
    Active Duty Air Force
    NRA Life Member
    CCW

Quote Originally Posted by SubNine View Post
    So if this bill in AZ passes and becomes law, does that mean AZ will be the 3rd state in the union to not require a permit to carry concealed?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    A problem would be in the area of reciprocity. Some states require that other state's training be similar to their own. NM is one, and if that passed NM would probably drop reciprocity. Not sure what other states would.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    With no license, there is no reciprocity. Unless AZ continued to issue licenses, we would be out of luck traveling.

Classes will still be available for reciprocity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links