FL Permit?

This is a discussion on FL Permit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I sent off for my FL permit around February 25th. Here we are June 20th, still nothing. They cashed my check in mid-late April. Here ...

Thread: FL Permit?

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

FL Permit?

I sent off for my FL permit around February 25th. Here we are June 20th, still nothing. They cashed my check in mid-late April. Here I am 115 days later, still no permit. Is it 90 days from the date they cashed the check? I mean at what point should I call? I know they are backlogged... but I'm beginning to loose hope.

2. Remove Ads

did you see if they accepted your bank check? If they did, it shouldn't be long.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    I sent off for my FL permit around February 25th. Here we are June 20th, still nothing. They cashed my check in mid-late April. Here I am 115 days later, still no permit. Is it 90 days from the date they cashed the check? I mean at what point should I call? I know they are backlogged... but I'm beginning to loose hope.
    They are very backed up. Give them a call, and they should be able to tell you where you are in the process.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I'll bet you have it within a couple of days.
    A friendly call, and they will tell you where you are in the process...sounds like the mailman is putting in your mailbox right now.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A Phone Call Won't Hurt

BCI hired a few more people in March and I'm guessing your permit is on its way but a phone call won't hurt anything. Yours would not be the first set of paperwork that was lost.

aag
    Should be getting close. In my experience, it took about a month between cashing the check (which according to them is the first thing they do after opening your envelope in the mail room) and the next step on their part.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Bummer. Mailed mine March 9. Still no permit and I am two weeks behind you. I really hope to get mine soon due to family obligations in mid July. Have to go to Atlanta and other places I haven't been in a few years. Don't know the lay of the land any more in some of those towns.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'll bet you have it within a couple of days.
    A friendly call, and they will tell you where you are in the process...sounds like the mailman is putting in your mailbox right now.
    The mail came today and I was like a five year old on Christmas morning running to open my presents... only to get the mail... I go thru it...

Sighs again...

I'm gonna call Monday.

Definitely give them a call...

I was similar to you in that I sent my application in the second week of January, they cashed my check Feb 25th, and by the end of May I hadn't heard anything...

I called on May 28th and the nice lady told me that my application had not yet been processed, which was weird because they were working on applications that had been received in mid-February, and mine had been received in late January. She said she's forward it to a supervisor for immediate review and to give them a call back in a couple weeks.

I call one week later to be told that it had been issued and I should expect to receive it in 10-14 days. I got home that afternoon to find it waiting for me. The issue date? May 28th :)

I think occasionally one just slips past them and they need a little reminder to get it back in line where it should be... not terribly cool, but something I understand being in a gov't services position myself.

Good luck.

Check the mailbox again.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Links