FL license problems

FL license problems

This is a discussion on FL license problems within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I got the mail today and about when I saw the envelope from FL... Then I opened it. There is a problem with my ...

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

FL license problems

So I got the mail today and about when I saw the envelope from FL...

Then I opened it. There is a problem with my citizenship status

I was born on an American AFB overseas in England, but I am a U.S. Citizen. I have an American birth certificate, and U.S. passport. There is no question about that.

Well I called and sat on hold forever, and when they did pick the line went dead... Basically the letter said I need to send proof of citizenship, but don't want it to sit in the mailroom for another 2 months.

I can't get someone on the phone and have no clue what to do from here...

Help

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Sadly if Im reading your location right, not much other then send a copy of your birth certificate.
    I would try and keep calling while you send this in, but send it in ASAP.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

I finally got thru and the lady said I simply need to fax my birth certificate and passport to them with the letter...

You'll find the Dept of Ag to be very friendly, and I'm certain they will not put your app in line again...it won't be too long now.2
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My wife had to send in a copy of the Certificate of Birth abroad (I think that's what it is called), and birth certificate... She was born in Masawa, Japan...

I had a similar issue. They wanted proof of employment so they sent me a letter asking for documents that stated start date, manager's name and contact etc. I sent it to them via fedex and they sent me an email saying they received it the next day. DOL WA is pretty good in keeping you informed.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

aag
    You'll be ok, just don't mail it. Unfortunately for me, I did that with some additional docs they've asked for, and waited another 3 months after that. Fax it to them, or email the scan (they can give you the email address when you call), or both. That'll expedite the processing.

Well I faxed my stuff in and finally got a hold of someone who told me that it will take 5 days to get the info because they work on a paperless system. When they get it, they will call me... and when they do it will be another 30 days...

Anyone know anything about this?

I had the same exact problem. I was born in the Philippines because my dad was stationed there. (U.S. Navy) I wasn't even there a month or two before we moved back to the states. I've lived in florida for the past 22 years. (i'm 32 now)

You would think that if they can figure out whether or not you are a criminal, they could look in some database to see if you're a freakin citizen??

Anyways, after I got the letter about the proof of citizenship...I emailed them scanned documents, Faxed them copies, and then certified mailed them all on the same day. I gave them absolutely no excuses, LOL.

I submitted my FL CCW application on 3-1-09...and I received it TODAY! 6-26-09 is my Independence day, haha..

For future reference, if anyone else runs into problems like this with the FL dept. of Agriculture, here are the important numbers...

Phone: 1-850-245-5691
    Fax: 1-850-245-5655
    Email: DOLWEB@DOACS.STATE.FL.US

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    So I got the mail today and about when I saw the envelope from FL...

Then I opened it. There is a problem with my citizenship status

I was born on an American AFB overseas in England, but I am a U.S. Citizen. I have an American birth certificate, and U.S. passport. There is no question about that.

Well I called and sat on hold forever, and when they did pick the line went dead... Basically the letter said I need to send proof of citizenship, but don't want it to sit in the mailroom for another 2 months.

I can't get someone on the phone and have no clue what to do from here...

Help
    There's not a whole lot you can do. The sooner you comply with what DOACS wants, the sooner your permit will arrive. It's unfortunate that this has happened. You can try to call again, but the amount of calls will probably make them indifferent to your requests. Comply as quickly as you can.

GOOD LUCK!

Chris
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Links