105 days and still nothing!

This is a discussion on 105 days and still nothing! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know that I will be told "be patient", "they are understaffed" and an assortment of other responses, but I believe that 105 flippin days ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar

I know that I will be told "be patient", "they are understaffed" and an assortment of other responses, but I believe that 105 flippin days is too darn long! I would seriously like to hear from folk who've waited 100 days or more for their CHL.

My FL CWL took 112 days.

VIP Member
    I slipped the guy a fifty and had mine the next day.

Just kidding!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

PM to you.
    Carry 24-7 or guess right.
    NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member
    Texas CHL Instructor. www.pdtraining.us

Hang in there! The good news in this wait is that a LOT more people are getting their permits...that's good.
    It'll be here soon.
    FL used to take 5-6 weeks, my wife's renewal took about 110 days (renewals used to be done in about 10 days).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well at this point, I would actually start to become worried. The wife sent hers in on Dec. 16, and even with the holidays it only took 63 days.

My guess is that there is something missing or you didn't sign something or other. I hope that is all it is.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Well at this point, I would actually start to become worried. The wife sent hers in on Dec. 16, and even with the holidays it only took 63 days.

My guess is that there is something missing or you didn't sign something or other. I hope that is all it is.

I called the DPS last week and a lady told me that everything was proceeding accordingly and I should try back at the end of the month.

120 days and still waiting. I called last week and told me it will be a few weeks or a month before they can issued my license. They are waiting for my background check for harris county. They are far behind.

We are all waiting too, to celebrate with you that is.
    Hang in there, and keep us posted
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Long wait in CA...

I had to wait 189 days from the day I submitted a complete application here in CA.

I am not alone in this since my brother in law had to wait 182 days for his.

The background check through LiveScan took 3 months alone. The state of CA has a budget deficit and it is taking forever to get anything done.

If anything, I feel lucky and grateful to my local Sheriff to have a CCW at all here in CA.

VIP Member
    Yes, it does seem like for ever although it will arrive! Perhaps a phone call could ease your mind?
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Our numbers are growing!

Don't forget that the reason for these long waits is a really good one. We are increasing out numbers at an unprecidented rate.

We are going to have the votes to stop anti gun legislation and pass pro gun legislation even in this Democratic Controlled House, Senate and White House.

So while it may be annoying (I waited 92 days in FL) to wait for your paperwork to be processed, the end result is really good!

Capt. Art

14 months.

NOT KIDDING - fourteen months from the day I turned in the application until I was issued a permit.

And, no, there were no problems with the application, fingerprints, or background check.

I waited 177 days, here in Alvin, Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    I know that I will be told "be patient", "they are understaffed" and an assortment of other responses, but I believe that 105 flippin days is too darn long! I would seriously like to hear from folk who've waited 100 days or more for their CHL.
    Ernie...I've seen your posts on the other forums too. Nothing has changed. Some counties (Harris) are causing huge delays, as you already know.
    I was updated to "license issued" on day 104, plastic in hand on day 108. Bexar county

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links