My wife and her CCW classs

This is a discussion on My wife and her CCW classs within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well. my wife is making the jump to get her CCW permit. She is worried that the doors are going to close since the new ...

Well. my wife is making the jump to get her CCW permit. She is worried that the doors are going to close since the new administration has taken office.

What I thought was unsuall is that for people who do not have ammo for the class, the shooting club are selling ammo by the piece. 10 rounds maxium for students to qualify. That is what I call rationing.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

WOW! Is that all they had to shoot was 10 rounds? We had to shoot 40 (Only 28 had to be in the black but let's get real here, the black area is twice my size!). How much did they charge the people for 10 rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by GlockGal View Post
    WOW! Is that all they had to shoot was 10 rounds? We had to shoot 40 (Only 28 had to be in the black but let's get real here, the black area is twice my size!). How much did they charge the people for 10 rounds?
    I did not ask, I have a box of 50 for here to take the class and pre-practice with. I am sure its not going to be cheap.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    Well. my wife is making the jump to get her CCW permit. She is worried that the doors are going to close since the new administration has taken office.

What I thought was unsuall is that for people who do not have ammo for the class, the shooting club are selling ammo by the piece. 10 rounds maxium for students to qualify. That is what I call rationing.
    Crazy stuff there... But congrats on her getting it done.. I'm sure they would charge a buck a shot???

What are we going back to the days of "Loosies"

thats surprising that you only have to shoot ten, in ohio we were supposed to shoot at least 100 (or that was what my ccw course made us do). there wasn't any accuracy requirement though.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

VIP Member
    Yep, obama single handedly created the highest demand for “guns’ & ammo” since the beginning of our country.

The demand is high and production is working 24/7. Still, manufactures are greedy and they have become like’ oil sheiks, driving prices up artificially. As for the 10-round qualification in Arizona, it’s pretty lame indeed. If you have ever seen a John Wayne movie, you’ll pass.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    What are we going back to the days of "Loosies"
    That's exactly what it sounds like. One cig 20cent 1 bullet 1 buck. WOW.
    Change We Can Believe In 01.20.13 Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Yep, obama single handedly created the highest demand for “guns’ & ammo” since the beginning of our country.

The demand is high and production is working 24/7. Still, manufactures are greedy and they have become like’ oil sheiks, driving prices up artificially. As for the 10-round qualification in Arizona, it’s pretty lame indeed. If you have ever seen a John Wayne movie, you’ll pass.
    Regards,
    FL makes you sign a 'promise' that you will see a John Wayne movie some time during the 7 years that your permit is good for...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post

WOW..Our course required 250 rounds and we shot them all. I just completed another NRA course and again, 250 rounds fired.

in Texas, CCW class requires 50 rounds
    the shooting part of class is very easy

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    In California, watching John Wayne movies will DISQUALIFY you from getting a permit. Some for addressing people as "Pilgrim" or "Pardner."

Buying ammo by the piece is rough. We were required to bring 100 rounds (30 round qualifying shoot and the rest for timed shoot).
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Minnesota only required a shooting test, no rounds specified, it was 10 rounds. For that I got to give the range $15 and didn't get to come back and shoot more after the class was done.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Minnesota only required a shooting test, no rounds specified...
    Ditto Connecticut. My instructor and I spent about about an hour shooting his various guns and generally wreaking havoc on several bowling pins. He figured if I have no problem keeping them moving at 25 yards, I'd have no problem keeping a decent group at 7-10 yards - and I don't. :)
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Links